StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Hi from Iraq<< >>Post Follow-up
dweaver76
1 posts
msg #102466
Ignore dweaver76
8/26/2011 12:03:22 PM

Ok so I'm new to trading/stock market etc.

We are shutting this base down and things are slow with lots of free time so about a month ago I created an account with Etrade only putting as much in there as I was willing to lose.

Goals are swing trading for now.

Working filters and the learning process I placed an order to short AOL this morning pre-open.

They have of course gone the wrong direction, which is fine....but what did I miss?
What indicator would have stood out to you guys and flagged you to not short them?

Also, there is so much information out there to read, I would appreciate some suggestions on Intro to Swing Trading 101 by any of you that are having some success at it.

Thanks much.

four
5,087 posts
msg #102470
Ignore four
8/26/2011 8:05:07 PM

Perhaps,,,

A system is simply an idea. It's a trading idea for making buy and sell decisions in any market. A trader takes an idea, turns it into a mathematical formula and trades it to make money. A good trading system doesn't buy low or sell high; it rides trends. Great trend followers' success comes from the discipline to follow their rules no matter what. Our trend following trading systems answer the 5 critical questions:

What market do you buy or sell at any time?
How much of a market do you buy or sell at any time?
When do you buy or sell a market?
When do you get out of a losing position?
When do you get out of a winning position?

http://www.trendfollowing.com/think.html (about half-way down the page)

PS Always a good idea to write your 5 answers to the 5 critical questions down on paper.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #102485
Ignore Mactheriverrat
8/28/2011 6:41:08 PM

Paper trade for 6 months

haskellb2006
22 posts
msg #102499
Ignore haskellb2006
8/29/2011 2:38:15 PM

daily chart is in an uptrend.. dont pee upwind...:)

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #102507
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
8/30/2011 1:32:42 AM

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=viewpublic

P.S.
Thanks for your service !

skareem
23 posts
msg #102700
Ignore skareem
9/24/2011 6:58:02 PM

.. and hi from another Iraqi :)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Hi from Iraq<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.