StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Historical volatility<< >>Post Follow-up
wbmiv4
4 posts
msg #65372
Ignore wbmiv4
7/23/2008 6:27:59 PM

Is there a way to search for 1 year and 1 month volatility. If I am looking at this correctly, Stockfetcher only goes back 100 periods, and I am assuming I would need 250 for a year. Thanks for everyones help in advance!!!!

TPA Trader

rtucker
318 posts
msg #65376
Ignore rtucker
7/23/2008 8:44:56 PM

This may help you get started.

Day range could probably also be used instead of day change.
The choice of a 10 day custom MA is arbitrary here. This method selects many stocks that were not trading 250 days ago.

Anyway, requiring the 10 period MA to be less than 10 seems to eliminate the stocks that were not trading 250 days ago.

Fetcher[set{abs_day_change, abs(day change)}
cema(abs_day_change,10) 250 days ago is above 3
cema(abs_day_change,10) 250 days ago is below 10
close > 1
avg vol(90) above 1000000
add column cema(abs_day_change,10) 250 days ago
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Historical volatility<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.