StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How To Scan For % of Range<< >>Post Follow-up
Pataxe
6 posts
msg #121985
Ignore Pataxe
11/11/2014 11:42:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a way to scan for stocks that have closed within the top or bottom 25% of their range for the day.

I have looked through the documentation but have yet to find anything. I will keep looking but wanted to ask in case anyone knew it off the top of their head.

Thanks for your help!

Pataxe
6 posts
msg #121986
Ignore Pataxe
11/11/2014 11:46:34 AM

I found the range parameters here but am not quite sure how to implement them

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/forums/Indicators/Day-Range-Average-Day-Range-Day-Point-Range/26144

Pataxe
6 posts
msg #121987
Ignore Pataxe
11/11/2014 12:08:04 PM

So I wrote down the logic of it and this is what i have to get the stocks that close within the top 25% of their daily range

(Close - open) x 0.25 = 25% Range

Close > (Close- 25% Range)

I want to return stocks that fit that criteria

Unless my logic is wrong here, any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Pataxe
6 posts
msg #121988
Ignore Pataxe
11/11/2014 12:11:27 PM

So I went to look up how to create variables and Volila!

What i was looking for was right in the example for variables, just needs some tweaking to fit my idea

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/forums/Indicators/Variables-SET/34497

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How To Scan For % of Range<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.