StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How can SF be so fast?<< >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #39693
Ignore glgene
12/20/2005 4:42:08 PM

I am utterly amazed how fast SF performs its searches. How does it do multiple scans over thousands of stocks in 2-4 seconds?

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #39696
Ignore EWZuber
12/20/2005 6:04:20 PM

There are screens available that scan the market in real time and provide you with daytrading signals on Hourly and 5 minute charts.

msowmya
3 posts
msg #39699
Ignore msowmya
12/20/2005 8:08:27 PM

Hi EWZuber
Please tell me where do you find screens that scan the market in real time and provide daytrading signals on Hourly and 5 minute charts.

Thanks

BigOh
23 posts
msg #39705
Ignore BigOh
12/20/2005 10:59:18 PM

Not very customizable, but they have a alot of canned ones that work pretty good. TradeStation does as well but can be a real pain to use and is a tad expensive. eSignal has addon software that will do it as well, but they can be a pain at times. You just have to find what works best for you. In the office I trade in we made(hired some programmers) our own.

http://www.trade-ideas.com/

yepher
359 posts
msg #39724
Ignore yepher
12/21/2005 6:02:12 PM

finance.yahoo.com has real-time intraday market screens if you signup for their real-time package.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39725
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/21/2005 6:48:06 PM

TradeStation Expensive?

What's expense is using a slower, weaker trading platform and not getting a fill!!

One trade can pay for a year's worth of TradeStation.

You are trading with real money... you need the best tools available.

I have TradeStation and eSignal (and of course, StockFetcher).

Don't try to save pennies on your trading tools.

There are things you didn't know were possible available to you when you have a real trading platform.

You are trading against every other trader, big and small, in the world when you trade... you need all the help you possibly can get!!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How can SF be so fast?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.