StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How do I sort my sym list by daily % change<< >>Post Follow-up
bagsby32
23 posts
msg #99794
Ignore bagsby32
3/20/2011 8:03:34 PM

Thanks.

four
5,087 posts
msg #99796
Ignore four
3/20/2011 8:35:37 PM

Fetcher[
set{lohi, high - low}
add column lohi
set{divide, lohi / low}
add column divide
sort column 6 descending
add column high
add column low
set{percent, divide * 100}
add column percent

volume > 120000
close > 10
close < 20
]

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #99797
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/20/2011 9:50:26 PM

JUST CLICK ON THE %CHANGE COLUMN (USUALLY COLUMN 3) AND IT WILL SORT AUTOMATICALLY.

Sorry about the caps ...

four
5,087 posts
msg #99798
Ignore four
modified
3/20/2011 10:42:09 PM

Respectfully, the request is daily percent change. I took this to mean today's change [low to high].

-- bagsby32, Did you want (1) change today [open to close] or (2) change yesterday to today [close yesterday to close today]?

Per the StockFetcher manual (page 162)...
By default, StockFetcher returns basic price and volume information for each of the stocks
returned in a screen. This information includes:
· most recent closing price.
· percent change from previous close.
· the number of shares traded during the most recent day

The filter below identifies that the default change (that provided by StockFetcher) provides the change between yesterday's close and today's close. See below: percentx = Chg(%).

... Yes, see Kevin's post... clicking a column heading will change the sort order and clicking the column heading again will change the sort order [ascending/descending].

Fetcher[set{cl0cls1, close - close 1 day ago}
set{dividex, cl0cls1 / close 1 day ago}
set{percentx, dividex * 100}
add column percentx
sort column 5 descending
]

bagsby32
23 posts
msg #99801
Ignore bagsby32
3/21/2011 5:50:23 AM

Four, I wanted #1. Thank you both. I'm sure it was simple but sometimes the simple things can be the most confusing for newbies like me.

Take care guys.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How do I sort my sym list by daily % change<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.