StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How low will the market go?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #124641
Ignore marine2
8/12/2015 3:24:55 AM

In a market that is basically running flat where it goes up a little bit, down a little bit, on and on I invest like this: Buy FVD or SDY then buy BND. With the right balance of shares between them you will not win much but you won't lose much either. Basically pretty much negating each other. But, the good thing is, you will collect dividend monies from FVD and BND. You will make money whether the market goes up or if the market goes down. A win, win for you. As you gauge how much shares to own for each to create this teeter totter effect you need to realize the share price difference between the two. FVD has a much lower share price than its teeter totter friend, BND. Tinker with how much you need to own of each to create a wash between the two. Then rake in the money you earn from both through the dividend money they generate.

Happy Investing Everyone.

novacane32000
331 posts
msg #124651
Ignore novacane32000
8/12/2015 4:45:35 PM

Look at the YTD chart of SPY and you will see that today we bounced off the Dec 31st close almost to the penny. I think that's the line in the sand. Also, this being a pre-election year, I doubt we see a much more of a dip going forward.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How low will the market go?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.