StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to Compare the ROC between two Indexes?<< >>Post Follow-up
shaikhhali
42 posts
msg #40897
Ignore shaikhhali
2/2/2006 12:00:01 PM

Hi every body
I hope to help me in finding a filter which measures or Compare the rate of change between two Indexes (or indicators) like the W%R and the price or MFI.

Thanks in advance

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40899
Ignore nikoschopen
2/2/2006 12:16:49 PM

ROC is a momentum-based indicator used on a single entity, be it a stock or an indicator. Are you inquiring about a relative strength between two entities? This can be done by using, well, RS indicator (not to be confused with RSI indicators, which are themselves momentum indicators). If not, can you be more specific on what you have in mind?

shaikhhali
42 posts
msg #40919
Ignore shaikhhali
2/2/2006 3:17:59 PM

What I mean is that I want to compare the rate of change for two different indicators, may be I am repeating my self here,
let me say it difftently:

let us consider MFI as a function and W%R as another function of time.,
These two functions change from time to time,Right?

My question is , is there a way to compare the rate of change for these two function for the same stock at the same time interval.

I hope I am not complicating the question more and more with clarification I am trying to make.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40920
Ignore nikoschopen
2/2/2006 3:21:41 PM

I suppose you could tweak the filter to find the ROC reading of each indicator in question, and then make a comparison of the two results. Excuse my ignorance, but what will you achieve by doing this? I would think one ROC reading is as good as any other.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to Compare the ROC between two Indexes?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.