StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to Normalize to the same Y-axis scale?<< >>Post Follow-up
jgard07
6 posts
msg #116465
Ignore jgard07
11/4/2013 8:36:12 PM

I get the SPY overlaid on my results when i apply the following. The problem is the values can have very different magnitudes. Does anybody know how to normalize them to the same Y-axis scale?

* Note - I just randomly chose a couple stocks to show the diffrences

Fetcher[
symlist(prgo,lo)
set{spy,ind(spy,close)}
draw spy on plot close
]

On a side note, if I replace the above with: set{spy,ind(^spy,close)} SF adjusts the closing value of spy to 51.21? I did that by accident switching between spy and ^spx. Strange?

Fetcher[
symlist(prgo,lo)
set{spy,ind(^spy,close)}
draw spy on plot close
]

Thanks for any suggestions! Justin

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #116467
11/4/2013 8:58:29 PM

Concerning your side-note, as indicated previously StockFetcher does not support the index symbol "^SPY" (we do support the ETF "SPY".) Since ^SPY does not exist, it appears the plot you are seeing is from the first stock in the list, "A".

Fetcher[symlist(A)
set{spy,ind(^spy,close)}
draw spy on plot close
]

Hope that helps!

StockFetcher Support.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #116471
Ignore mahkoh
11/5/2013 2:00:14 AM

That last thing had puzzled me as well.

jgard07
6 posts
msg #116543
Ignore jgard07
11/6/2013 9:19:45 PM

It did, thank you.

four
5,087 posts
msg #116646
Ignore four
modified
11/9/2013 11:19:42 PM

believe TRO uses 60 days to normalize:

Fetcher[
sp500

draw ind(spy,close)

set{x, indposition(close,60) * 100}
set{spy1, ind(spy,close) }
set{spy2, indposition(spy1,60) * 100}
draw x on plot spy2

set{c, spy2 - x}
draw c line at 0
]

jgard07
6 posts
msg #116813
Ignore jgard07
11/17/2013 1:40:04 AM

Thanks for the response Four. I decided to breakdown my normalization step by step and display the results thru add column to find out why I kept getting syntax err. As it turns out the normalization is not the problem, it is that stockfetcher doesn't know what/how to display the results on the main plot. Short of being able to code for the chart display itself, what I want to do can't be done. Its a pity because all the other charting programs I use can easily overlay an index for comparison normalized to the underlying's range.

Since I trade relative strength/weakness and stay with the trend 90% of the time, this feature is very important/convenient as I flip thru charts. Currently I just narrow my results with stockfetcher and then export the results and view them in another charting program.

Thanks again and good trading!
Justin

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to Normalize to the same Y-axis scale?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.