StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to create filter with RSI for last 5 days<< >>Post Follow-up
ronbary
16 posts
msg #114109
Ignore ronbary
6/15/2013 4:43:37 PM

Hi Support ,

i want to add another column to my filter this will be called RSIM ( RSI Momentum )

i need your help how to add this added value to my scan Filters

The calculation of this ( RSIM ) column will be very simple based on the Regular RSI for last 5 days :

rsi5 = RSI[5] * (close[5]) // explanation : RSI for last 5 days multiply by average closing price for last 5 days
rrsi =RSI[5] * (close) // explanation : RSI for last 5 days multiply by price Close

RSIMomentum = rrsi - rsi5

This is the calculation i just need your help how to add this RSIMomentum colume or value into my scans

thanks

Ron

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #114110
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
6/15/2013 5:51:38 PM

The calculation of this ( RSIM ) column will be very simple based on the Regular RSI for last 5 days :

rsi5 = RSI[5] * (close[5]) // explanation : RSI for last 5 days multiply by average closing price for last 5 days
rrsi =RSI[5] * (close) // explanation : RSI for last 5 days multiply by price Close

RSIMomentum = rrsi - rsi5

+++++++++++++

Fetcher[

set{rsi5, rsi(5) * MA(5)}
set{rrsi, cma(rsi(5),5) * close}
set{rsimomentum, rrsi - rsi5}
add column rsimomentum
]

Here I am assuming that you are looking for the average RSI(5) over the last 5 days, not the sum. If it is the sum you are looking for, just substitute sum for "cma" in line 2.

ronbary
16 posts
msg #114115
Ignore ronbary
6/16/2013 3:12:01 PM

hi , thanks

this is what i look for ,

What is CMA ?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #114116
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
6/16/2013 3:54:40 PM

cma = custom moving average. It is the simple moving average so it only looks back the number of specified days (5 in this case).

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to create filter with RSI for last 5 days<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.