StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to include dividend % column?<< >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #50333
Ignore glgene
3/1/2007 1:14:19 PM

This from the Announcements BB discussion:

show stocks where annual dividend is between 1.0 and 2.0
and add column dividend {dividend}

--------------------------------------
My question: How would you modify the script to include a column that shows dividend yield next to the dividend column (see above)?

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #50334
Ignore SAFeTRADE
3/1/2007 1:21:56 PM

Is this what you had in mind?

Fetcher[show stocks where annual dividend is between 1.0 and 2.0
set{dividendyield, dividend / close}
add column dividendyield
]

glgene
613 posts
msg #50336
Ignore glgene
3/1/2007 1:38:06 PM

SAFeTrade,

That's it. I ran the script and the first stock to appear was SPY. It showed a dividendyield of .01 (short for .0117)

How can the script be modified to show it as 1.17% (instead of .01)?

Many thanks for your promptness.

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #50337
Ignore SAFeTRADE
3/1/2007 2:38:15 PM

Fetcher[show stocks where annual dividend is between 1.0 and 2.0
set{dividendyield, dividend / close}
set{yield, dividendyield * 100}
add column yield
]

glgene
613 posts
msg #50340
Ignore glgene
3/1/2007 4:07:52 PM

SAFeTrade,

That's it. Thank you.

I ran it, and sorted on %div. Found PFACP near the top, with a 21.49% dividend, and the stock went up 30% today. Something fishy here, I think. Your take?

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #50354
Ignore SAFeTRADE
modified
3/1/2007 7:56:53 PM

Some people on the forum think the dividend numbers are not correct.
I do not keep up with dividends.

traderblues
195 posts
msg #50434
Ignore traderblues
modified
3/5/2007 5:08:17 PM

Speaking of dividends, anyone have the guts to buy NEW and/or NFI at these prices? If these companies come out of this sub-prime debacle in good shape, yields are pretty attractive here. I've owned them both in the past, but it's been awhile.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to include dividend % column?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.