StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to make a filter showing stocks with a trading range?<< >>Post Follow-up
mattman27
8 posts
msg #42983
Ignore mattman27
4/16/2006 10:37:06 AM

does anyone have a filter that shows stocks that trade beween like $3 and $4 over a period of like 3 months? if anyone has one or can make me one i would appreciate it.

thanks, matt

rtucker
318 posts
msg #42989
Ignore rtucker
4/16/2006 11:09:03 AM

This may do what you want.

Fetcher[count(low between 3 and 4,60) between 59 and 61
and count(high between 3 aqnd 4,60) between 59 and 61
and avg vol(90) > 100000
]

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42990
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
4/16/2006 11:18:44 AM

Fetcher[
/* enter your Upper Limit criteria */
set{UpperLim, High 13 week High}

/* enter your Lower Limit criteria */
set{LowerLim, Low 13 week Low}

set{LimDiff, UpperLim minus LowerLim}
set{PPDiff, CLOSE minus LowerLim}
set{PPDiv, PPDiff / LimDiff}
set{FibLev, PPDiv * 100}

/* enter your SELECTION criteria */
UpperLim < 4
LowerLim > 3

/* display columns */
and add column FibLev
and add column UpperLim
and add column LowerLim
and add column industry

/* sort criteria */
sort column 5 descending
]

You can change the parameters very easily.

I added the FibLev column so you can see where the stock is located within the range. The filter sort on fiblev so the stock closest to its high is at the top and the stock closest to its low is at the bottom.

HTH.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

mattman27
8 posts
msg #42997
Ignore mattman27
4/16/2006 1:21:36 PM

those are kind of what im looking for...

basicly i want something that shows a stock withing a trading range for quite a long time so when it breaks out of the range you can get in on the breakout. basicly channeling. it might not be possible but thanks for trying!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42998
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/16/2006 1:48:14 PM

What did I miss?

Do you want a channeling filter or a breakout filter?

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #43007
Ignore guru_trader
4/16/2006 3:52:46 PM

LOL ... putting into words specifically what you want is one of the first steps to successful filter building ... go TRO!

mattman27
8 posts
msg #43014
Ignore mattman27
4/16/2006 9:20:31 PM

haha sry guys, i want a channeling filter that is about to breakout. i can see what i want in my mind, just cant explain lol

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to make a filter showing stocks with a trading range?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.