StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Hurricanes<< >>Post Follow-up
betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #54774
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
9/13/2007 7:47:55 PM

I love hurricanes. Last night I was peering through my girlfriend's bedroom window watching Humberto blow rain and branches across the street and I realized how fascinated I am by these amazing storms. I rode out Rita two years ago in a boat and, though I had the time of my life, didn't understand how incredible it was. Maybe it was the lack of preparation we had this time, I dunno. But I am thinking of moving to Florida so I can ride them out more often.

Am I crazy?

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #54776
Ignore luc1grunt
9/13/2007 9:18:20 PM

I "surfed" Hugo years ago in Wilmington. What a beast. Unfortunate how someone else's destruction is another's "rush", but that's the way it goes.

Watched a couple tornados rip trailer parks to shreds as a kid. Never did like those things (trailers).

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #54781
Ignore maxreturn
9/14/2007 8:49:10 AM

betyourbottomdollar said...."Am I crazy?"

Ummm......Yep! But, to each their own.

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #54804
Ignore jrbikes
9/14/2007 9:45:16 PM

You realize they do studies to predict where Tornadoes are most likely to hit, then they locate trailer parks in the general vicinity, I lived in a double wide for 11 years, it was nice, cheap, and I would never do it again, they should be illegal, simply because they only last about 15 years, now a single wide is o.k. you dont have all that shifting! I figure when the SS money runs out, I will wind up in a 2X8 box, oh, I mean trailer!

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #54810
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
9/15/2007 9:50:08 AM

Whaaaat?

Hahaha...I think, really and truly, the reason tornadoes seem attracted to trailer parks is because everywhere you turn, there is a trailer park. And that is not just because I live in SE Texas, home to one of America's largest concentration of mobile homes (manufactured homes they call em nowadays). I have traveled around most of the U.S., including San Antonio, Dallas and even as far west as Amarillo. Trailer parks everywhere. That and the media loves to play on the stereotype of "white trash trailer park gits hit by big ol tornader" because they show the splinteryist and destroyedist locales, as well as the cryinist and depressiest looking inhabitants. It makes a good visual which is 75% of TV news.

But hurricanes....ah hurricanes! The long slog of the planet's most powerful weather phenomena. Jim Cantore's cameraman has the best job ever.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Hurricanes<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.