StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Hypocrisy at its finest<< >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #72704
Ignore marine2
3/14/2009 2:48:11 PM

Isn't it interesting but sad to see the Susan Ormond's, the government officials, etc shame people for using their credit cards wildly and out of control. Who is out of control? I say the opposite is. The governments regulatory body allows banks and other credit card functioning establishments to rape the card user. Out of this world interest rates compared to what you can get from you getting a savings account interest rate. Call that legal loan sharking. Or why they put astronomical late fees and service fees on those same credit cards. Or, now lately, you can get a notification in the mail letting you know your credit card limit has just dropped 80% to a low low level. Meaning you can't use the card anymore until you pay up the existing loan. Remember, those very same credit card establishents kept raising your limits without you even asking them to! Now they try to unplug you by lowering the limits and creating a "can't use" situation.

Our very own government allows those credit card companies to rape and pillage their citizens. It's ok for them to do that. And they call that democracy at its finest. Give me a break. Why make people angry at the system and how it works? Why alienate people in this way? It just shows you there is a double standard of policy in our land. Will Obama clean this up too? Or will he keep allowing our government to let credit card businesses continue on with their unscrupilous tactics?

One other point, those very same politicians that want us all to sacrifice for the good of the country. Hmm, I think, those very same politicians need to look at their own benefit set up and realize they are hypocrits themselves. What with them writing their own rules on how much they get from US, WE THE TAX PAYERS, when it comes to pay, and healthcare benefits for life. We all should look at their abuses and get very angry on how they proposed and voted on their own salaries and benefit set ups. It's time we ALL sacrificed and not just us little people.

I hope this stirs your curiousity and make you think of what really is going on here. We the people are getting screwed and they want us to believe there isn't anything we can do about it.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #72707
Ignore johnpaulca
3/14/2009 3:01:57 PM

I wish credit cards interest rates were higher, say 50%. Would this force us to life within our means? it would sure make me think twice about using it.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #72711
Ignore chetron
3/14/2009 3:27:25 PM

NAWWWWWWWWWWW, THE INTEREST RATE COULD BE 100%, AS LONG AS I ONLY HAVE TO PAY 3 BUCKS A MONTH ON 20 GRAND. = )

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #72712
Ignore chetron
3/14/2009 3:30:19 PM

FIRST QUESTION I AM ASKED WHEN I AM SHOPPING FOR A CAR IS "WHAT DO I WANT FOR A MONTHLY BILL" = )

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #72723
Ignore Eman93
3/14/2009 7:05:02 PM

The Citi Banks and the BOAs of the world make sure the rules are written they way they want.....there are no ferderal loan standartds, in terms of intrest rates and fees they can charge. It is up to the States.

This is how Char. NC became the bank capital of North America they created an environment that allowed the Banks to rape us all in the name of job creation and local stimulation.

Its one of those states rights issues.

So thank you North Carolina.......

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #72725
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/14/2009 8:07:59 PM

You do NOT have to accept their terms.

No one is forcing you to take or use a credit card in the first place.

If you do, no one is stopping you from paying off the balance so you don't pay finance charges.

There is too much regulation.

What we need (TO TAKE) is more FREEDOM!

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #72738
Ignore chetron
3/15/2009 8:25:56 AM

AND YOU KNOW, TRO, YOUR RESPONSE IS THIER 2ND LINE, AFTER TALKING TO ME. VERY INTERESTING.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Hypocrisy at its finest<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.