StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I have a perfect indicator, now if I could just write a scan<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
papagatorga
124 posts
msg #36267
Ignore papagatorga
6/9/2005 5:38:35 PM

Rumpled one- appreciate the interest. I haven't used it in over a year so I can't remember the details. I tried it alot 2-3 years ago. One item though, I hate to trade stocks under a dollar and many of the good trades were stocks in that range. I tried to use 2-3 dollar stocks but as I say was just not as successful as everyone else seemed to be. I had one good year "trading" with a strategy of one week or 10% whichever came first. But 04 and 05 have not been good "trading" years for me. I have been rather successful (15-20% annualized) buying high yield stocks when they are vastly oversold and holding till they become overbought, often buying more on dips. As I mentioned in an earlier post I have learned to use linear regression lines pretty well and am very successful as long as I stick to my rules. I also use EMA 30, MACD Histogram, RSI Wilder (14) DMI (14) and Williams%R(20). That is how I noticed the double bottom pattern on Willaims%R. I know people are making very good money "trading" but I tried it and found it wasn't my personality. I still keep a small portion of my money for "trading" but enjoy the lack of intensity with the little longer holds and 15-20%.

xploer- The first two stocks that came up to trade were ALVR and UDR. Both appeared overbought so I didn't trade them. I am paper trading that scan right now.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I have a perfect indicator, now if I could just write a scan<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.