StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I have a thang...for "Fannie Mae" !!!<< >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #68321
Ignore alf44
modified
10/12/2008 2:28:48 AM

...creating a new thread for this topic...over here in the Discussion Room...where it should be !!!

Feedback Welcome !!!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #68322
Ignore alf44
modified
10/12/2008 2:30:01 AM

ya know...I can't believe I'm saying this...but...

...the MORE I read... and study...and think...about FNM (ie. "Fannie Mae") ...the more I'm tempted !!!

REALLY tempted !!!

Make no mistake...it is a highly speculative play...and COULD result in a loss of your entire wager !!!

But...as a LONG TERM..."buy a pile of Fannie for under a buck and forget about it for the next 10 years play"...it could ALSO...pay off HUGE !!! imo

PLEASE...someone tell me why that's a bad idea ! (well...aside from the possibility of "losing your entire wager")

------------------------------------------------------------

I almost view it as a "cheap" Call Option...with NO expiration (a sorta LEAP if you will) !

The Treasury / Fed could ...uhhh... could be your ally in this trade...think about it !!!

Then again, the Treasury / Fed could ...uhhh ... could step in at any moment...and change the rules...and therefore...well "screw" you !!!

But, aside from that...I could actually make a pretty convincing BULLISH case for buying a buttload of "Fannie" and socking it away for 10 years (or less) !!!

Please...someone...try to talk me out of this !!!

TIA

Regards,

alf44

-disclosure- I bought a 1000 FNM @ ~ $1 on Friday...looking to scale in...and maybe building a much larger position....BUT...still studying this situation ! fwiw

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #68344
Ignore FuriousThug
10/12/2008 8:48:48 PM

How familiar are you with nationalized banking/finance systems?

rtucker
318 posts
msg #68345
Ignore rtucker
modified
10/12/2008 9:29:36 PM

j

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #68349
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/13/2008 12:56:03 AM

Just trade what you see.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #68369
Ignore alf44
10/13/2008 10:57:40 AM

"How familiar are you with nationalized banking/finance systems?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Not that familiar, actually !

However, I don't think that accurately describes this situation ! fwiw

Regards,

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I have a thang...for "Fannie Mae" !!!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.