StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I need help Rump<< >>Post Follow-up
Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #37701
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
8/29/2005 11:49:28 PM

open equals ind(aapl, open) and volume equals ind(aapl, volume)
and Parabolic SAR(0.02,0.2) is below low
and Parabolic SAR(0.02,0.2)1 day ago is above high 1 day ago

Its not doing the backtesting correctly. It isnt entering and exiting when I need it to. This is what I am trying to do. I am trying to run a filter on AAPL or any stock for that matter where the system buys the stock the day it crosses the parabolic sar and sells the day it crosses to the upside. It is buying and selling random. I put the selling trigger as
Parabolic SAR(0.02,0.2) is above high

its not holding the stock the full length of time. It will hold it for various times such as 5 days etc. I do not have any other selling triggers in there. Please help. Thanks.

rrrbbbggguo
29 posts
msg #37702
Ignore rrrbbbggguo
8/30/2005 12:07:38 AM

why you like the stock so much?

Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #37705
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
8/30/2005 7:30:26 AM

Its not the stock its the backtesting I am interested in no matter what stock it is. I like the parabolic SAR indicator for telling me when to buy and sell. It is very accurate.

rrrbbbggguo
29 posts
msg #37706
Ignore rrrbbbggguo
8/30/2005 8:23:44 AM

Actually you can just check previous highest or previous lowest point which will become the beginning dot of next parabolic curve, and you can set this critical point as your entry or exit point for the trading. I found most of time it is useful, especially the trend is obviously on the way.

Good luck!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37707
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/30/2005 8:53:47 AM

Noah:

I have yet to get backtest to work they way I want it to work.

Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #37724
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
8/30/2005 5:12:58 PM

yeah its getting on my nerves. I signed up for the extra service so I am paying twice as much now and the backtesting doesn't work. I get mixed results and results that I am not expecting. Like the filters work but when I put them in the backtesting they don't produce the same results. This is an issue that has to be addressed.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I need help Rump<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.