StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I need help to a simple question<< >>Post Follow-up
llblaw
17 posts
msg #97353
Ignore llblaw
11/6/2010 9:37:40 AM

I am trying to apply a filter to a Watch List. I can't get it to happen. I am doing something wrong.

To understand how to do it I set the following filter.

Close is between 10 and 15. With that alone it generates over 1,100 returns
I next add "apply to Watchlist (Trend)" [the name of my watchlist] and get 0
I tried apply to watchlist(Trend) [no space] 0 results
I tried apply to Watchlist(Trend) [no space and caps
I tried apply to Watchlist Trend [no parens] 0 results
I tried every combination I could think of and got no resutls.

My watch list "Trend" consists of stocks between 5 and 20 so that there has to be hits.

What am I doing wrong.

four
5,087 posts
msg #97354
Ignore four
modified
11/6/2010 11:33:33 AM

From stockfetcher:

The nickname or ID is used to identify your list in your stock filters. For example, if the nickname for your list is LongShots, then a sample filter using stocks from that list would be:

show stocks where MA(10) crossed above the MA(50)
and apply to watchlist(LongShots)

To filter using mutiple lists at once, simply separate the lists by commas:

show stocks where MA(10) crossed above the MA(50)
and apply to watchlist(LongShots,HotPicks)

Also, your watch list nickname should be short and can not contain any spaces. This is to help with remembering the nickname when creating your filters.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example: I put the symbol XRX in a watchlist

Fetcher[
apply to watchlist(trend)
Close is between 10 and 15
]

glgene
613 posts
msg #97366
Ignore glgene
11/7/2010 3:51:37 AM

four,
Thanks for your msg. I've been having some problems using the 'Apply to Watchlist' command, and now I know why: I had a watchlist that contained 2 words with spaces. I simply changed it to 1 word (holdings) and now it works. Thus, it's
Apply to Watchlist(holdings)
and it works 100% of the time.

ps: I used to call it (my holdings), which violates the "no spacing" rule you mentioned. Duh!

llblaw
17 posts
msg #97367
Ignore llblaw
11/7/2010 6:16:33 AM

Thank you for your input. However I am losing my mind. I wrote exactly what you wrote in your reply
"apply to watchlist(trend)
Close is between 10 and 15" and got 0 result. Then, in case I had typed it wrong I used the copy and paste function to put it into a filter. I named the filter "test2", saved it and got 0 results.

I must be an idiot. I noticed the results that were generated when I clicked on "your" filter were in fact from my watchlist "trend". Why can't I do it on my own?

llblaw
17 posts
msg #97368
Ignore llblaw
modified
11/7/2010 6:26:33 AM

I am correcting my prior message. When I go to my list of filters, and if I click on test 1 (the watchlist filter) i get a result of 20. If I click on edit and then click view, I get a 0 result. That should not happen. I need to be able to see what happens as I add additional criterior. If I get a 0 result I can check to be sure that the criterior was inputed correctly. In some instances, it is obvious that a 0 result is an error of input. For example, if on the "4th" criterior I input" Volume (30) is greater than 200,000" and my prior view yielded 400 hits and now when I click view the result is 0, I know that I have inputed the average volume incorrectly etc.

glgene
613 posts
msg #97369
Ignore glgene
11/7/2010 8:27:38 AM

For whatever reason, sometimes when I click View after an edit change, I get 0 results. But if I Save it, then rerun it, I get the correct number of finds. ???

glgene
613 posts
msg #97370
Ignore glgene
11/7/2010 8:35:54 AM

I have 15 stocks in my (holdings) watchlist, but only one between 10 and 15.

I ran this query:

Fetcher[
Close is between 10 and 15
apply to watchlist(holdings)
]

and I got exactly one (1) count. It works.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I need help to a simple question<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.