StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I need help understanding ADX<< >>Post Follow-up
reeseman
30 posts
msg #98743
Ignore reeseman
1/26/2011 12:26:19 AM

Hello, SF

I am trying to learn how to use ADX it seems to be pretty decent indicator. I have done some reading but i get lost with it. Some say just the value is what matters then, i have read the direction. What is it? Also, with training course i have order the training does not use this indicator. He also will not teach outside his method, does anyone know where i can get some training from on ADX indicator. I like what the trainer is giving me, i have became member for extra training but if the ADX measures strength i need to know how to use it correctly.

I am correctly not interest in DI+ and DI- simply because i like to add one thing at a time. I must keep thing simple, i think i need a strength indicator.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #98744
Ignore Mactheriverrat
1/26/2011 1:56:22 AM

http://www.google.com/search?q=learning+thr+adx+incator&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbs=vid:1&&sa=X&ei=hcU_TYjzDous8AaYpo3GBA&ved=0CD4QBSgA&q=learning+the+adx+indicator&spell=1&fp=dfa0d6669bab29a5

Cacher
121 posts
msg #98756
Ignore Cacher
modified
1/26/2011 7:51:26 PM

Yepher has set up a great user guide of StockFetcher commands...

Very well done !

Click here : Yepher's StockFetcher Guide

or .... specfically for Directional Movement Indicators

ENJOY !

reeseman
30 posts
msg #98765
Ignore reeseman
1/27/2011 2:42:27 AM

Thank you for putting me in the right direction!

Would ADX be consider a Leading or Lagging Indicator?

wkloss
231 posts
msg #98772
Ignore wkloss
1/27/2011 11:10:46 PM

suggestion;

Check out Chuck LeBeau's use of ADX. Some of that may be free on line and some may require buying one of his courses. They aren't expensive but you may be able to find out what you want for free, possibly even in some stockfetcher posts.

Bill

reeseman
30 posts
msg #98774
Ignore reeseman
1/28/2011 3:06:42 AM

Can you post the link you are referring to? To much mix information and i do not want train from some many different sources.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I need help understanding ADX<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.