StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I trade just one stock, TRO-style<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 >>Post Follow-up
Wowzers
35 posts
msg #63993
Ignore Wowzers
6/19/2008 8:50:01 AM

Wow, awesome thread and posts! (read them 3 times already!!)
Just a few quick questions for Chip, TRO and 13thfloor, im wondering do use a broker for this???
Im guessing more likely than not your trading by yourself electronically but what trading platform do you use? and what trading platform would be easier for a complete noobie to learn on??

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #64065
Ignore 13th_floor
6/19/2008 7:13:03 PM

Hi Wowzers.

I use IB for trading.

If you are free at night ( or during the day ) I'm in the GOS chat,register there and I'll be glad to answer whatever questions you have.

Being a newbie is tough,good luck

Wowzers
35 posts
msg #64069
Ignore Wowzers
modified
6/19/2008 9:18:36 PM

13th, thank you for your prompt reply

Im available to chat at pretty much anytime you are and will try to be on the GOS chatroom (which i finally found) as much as possible. IB as in interactive brokers??
Im a noob remember, lol
thx again

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #64109
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/20/2008 1:31:43 PM

SPF hit the drop target today and bounced 2%.

chip
67 posts
msg #64134
Ignore chip
6/20/2008 10:57:20 PM

Wowsers, good luck getting going. I sure spun my wheels for a good long before getting any traction. I use TDAmeritrade, with the izone plan. I may switch to IB for the naked short situation. I use the free Command Center java platform, simply because it means I don't have to boot up a windows machine. TRO got me started with a basic idea -- if price is going up buy, sell when it starts down. Then to make that more precise, he taught me what he calls black-belt trading which basically turns out to be buy when it seems that selling is exhausted, and sell at the other extreme. This technique works well for a single stock because after weeks of following, you can kinda tell what it's going to do. Then along came 13th, teaching Muddy's methods and adding even more $s to my account. 4 days this week I made money on trading one stock (TRO-style, SPF) and 5 days this week I made money trading 13ths momentum style. I love TROs filters and style and I love 13th's room (and his combinations of TRO's and Muddy's filters) and style -- right now it seems like what's going to work best for me is a combination of the 2. Both guys are great and are seriously paying it forward.

jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #64167
Ignore jimhbutton
6/22/2008 1:31:01 AM

TRO or chip,

You've both used the term "TP" in your posts and in spite of scrolling through reams of threads I've yet to find a definition. I'm sorry my ignorance is showing but could you help me? Does it mean:

(A) Toilet Paper? (lol, I couldn't resist)
(B) Trade Price?
(C) Turning Point?
(D) Target Price?
(E) Other?

chip
67 posts
msg #64168
Ignore chip
6/22/2008 7:57:36 AM

For me, it means Take Profit. I suppose it could also mean Target Profit. On SPF, I usually go witha TP of 2%, or about $0.07 after commission, however I usually get too nervous after about $0.04 and end up exiting too early.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #64173
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/22/2008 1:16:13 PM

TP is usually TARGET PRICE or TAKE PROFIT AT.

jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #64198
Ignore jimhbutton
6/23/2008 12:10:49 AM

TRO & Chip,

Thanx guys.

What a great thread. I appreciate your contributions.

jhb

Wowzers
35 posts
msg #64662
Ignore Wowzers
modified
7/3/2008 4:17:56 PM

Chip, forgive me for being thick, but i have read read this post maybe 20 times from top to bottom and am still have a couple of quick questions.
Thank you for your time and have a wonderful 4th of July!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I trade just one stock, TRO-style<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.