StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I would like feedback, pro /con, on prophet.net<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #32816
Ignore alf44
8/11/2004 12:22:31 PM

Question about eSignal vs. Prophet:

I currently use Prophet(Silver). I happen to like the Prophet Java charts and I especially like the extensive library of indicators they offer. I haven't seen anything else that even comes close

My question...does eSignal offer indicators such as R Squared, Linear Regression Slope, Aroon, StochRSI, Stochastic Momentum Index, Weighted MAs, Displaced MAs ? Also, does eSig allow you to apply multiple MAs to indicators like RSI and CCI and Linear Regression Slope ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

alf44

SOYLENT
3 posts
msg #32819
Ignore SOYLENT
8/11/2004 7:07:55 PM

eSignal 'default' studies are slim. The standard stuff (cci, stoch, ma's/ema's, weighted, linear regression, volume, ...)

They have a lot of fancy stuff as 'efs' -- (free) in their programming language. It's included in a directory called 'library'. I know they have stochRSI and bollingerRSI, and stuff like that. They also have a forum w/ lots of extra indicators people contributed (TICK / TICKI extremes, pivots, etc).

And, you can write your own (though, some people don't want anything to do w/ that... understandable).

And, finally, they have some great add-ons. ARPS toolkits (nice sigma bands), AdvancedGET (elliott waves, and other stuff), STAT, Bollinger Band toolkit, etc...

-c

robdavis
69 posts
msg #32831
Ignore robdavis
8/12/2004 2:50:35 PM

Soylent,

> If trading is your life and passion, eSignal is the ultimate gadget for charting. Otherwise, just take the free quotes from your broker...

Great advice; I couldn't agree more.

Rob

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #32847
Ignore alf44
8/14/2004 2:47:20 PM

SOYLENT,

Thanks for the feedback !

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I would like feedback, pro /con, on prophet.net<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.