StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Important Information about our American Car Companies<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #69633
Ignore alf44
modified
12/6/2008 10:27:49 PM

"Bottom line is stop talking about giving up the ship. Thats not our American nature. We fight till the last drop of hope. Let's not be wimps, quitters like we were in Viet Nam. What made our nation great was persevering through rough waters. In 2 years you will look back and be glad we forged ahead. "

-----------------------

"marine"...Love ya man...but, that last paragraph is so full of ...well..."malarky"...you run the risk of discrediting...

...ALL the (valid) arguments you've made thus far !!!

-----------------------

First rule of sales...when you've made the sale...SHUT UP !!!

Do you really want to play the "Viet Nam Wimp Card" ???

I think not !!!

Know when to say when !!! imo

Regards,

alf44

PS. As I said..."love ya man" !!!

marine2
963 posts
msg #69636
Ignore marine2
12/6/2008 11:05:57 PM

Thanks for your feedback. But like I said, this is why we like our freedoms, we can speak our minds. This economic environment we are all in currently, does create great discussions and solutions to fixing this mess. At least its in peaceful means. Didn't mean to piss anyone off but just to convey never giving up.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #69637
Ignore alf44
modified
12/6/2008 11:17:19 PM

...it's just that...I was/am a "Viet Nam Era" vet...

..and I certainly don't consider myself a "wimp" or, a "quitter" !

--------------------------------------

Aside from that...it's all good ! fwiw

marine2
963 posts
msg #69638
Ignore marine2
12/7/2008 12:35:48 AM

Good to hear that Alf.

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #69642
Ignore guru_trader
12/7/2008 7:51:19 AM

Ummm ... "Second, going to ask you to raise your hand if you're planning to sell your jet now ... and fly back commercial ... let the record show NO hands went up!" ... hhhmmm

Quote: "When I gave a friend a coat hanger to help retrieve keys from a locked car, I cautioned him not to break a window. He told me that wouldn't be an issue because all of the windows were rolled down." ~Lesson: although we try to help, it sometimes just doesn't matter.

marine2
963 posts
msg #69656
Ignore marine2
12/7/2008 4:04:28 PM

Silence gets you no wheres. If some of us years ago hadn't spoken out on problems that needed corrected, our life's progresses, freedoms, and safety would be different today. But, speak out for positive change and none other.

wirechild
11 posts
msg #69684
Ignore wirechild
12/8/2008 3:08:15 PM

I really don't understand why you are so set on this issue and why you picked this forum to argue your point. You would get a lot more opposition on yahoo.

I don't think the auto companies have done enough to fix their problems and until they can show they have done enough then they don't deserve our help. Ford is really the only one that can prove they have been reorganizing and fixing their problems. The UAW is getting out of this with very little hardship. I don't see anyone asking the UAW execs for pay cuts and bonus cuts.

Why are the foreign auto companies taking away so much market share from US auto companies? Toyota is more expensive across the board yet they continue to take away market share every year...

With only a few exceptions GM and Chrysler vehicles are poor quality. There isn't a Tahoe on the road that doesn't rattle or squeal. The same goes for nearly every model they make.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #69685
Ignore johnpaulca
12/8/2008 3:35:40 PM

Speaking about Toyota being expensive, my blower fan went on my Lexus last week, it took one week to get the part which probably came from Japan and another day to install it. Cost me $500 which is half about the price of a North American car.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #69689
Ignore alf44
12/8/2008 4:36:24 PM

speaking personally...

We had a Toyota Previa once...by FAR one of the best vehicles I've ever owned !

On the other hand...

Currently have a GMC Yukon XL Denali...LOVE IT !!!

--------------------------------------------------------

Gotta say also...I've driven the NEW Chevrolet Malibu LTZ...the one with the 3.6L V6 !

Not a bad little car ! imo

Regards,

alf44

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #69690
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/8/2008 4:42:46 PM

http://blog.robertringer.com/2008/12/03/the-auto-worker-bailout-part-i-corporate-welfare/#more-262

http://blog.robertringer.com/2008/12/05/the-auto-worker-bailout-part-ii-employee-rights/#more-267

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Important Information about our American Car Companies<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.