StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Indicator Initials ????<< >>Post Follow-up
Baja Ed
11 posts
msg #41474
Ignore Baja Ed
2/22/2006 1:04:00 AM

Can someone explain the following "Initials"
moval 22 - 60 - wk
wrval 22 - 60 - wk
and what is behind "Bull Power" & "Bear Power"
I searched the index here at SF and see none of the above indicators.

Many thanks for any clarification.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #41477
Ignore nikoschopen
2/22/2006 1:18:12 AM

You prolly need to either become "mighty" or turn into yet another TRO ureself to understand those mystical codes. LOL

yepher
359 posts
msg #41489
Ignore yepher
2/22/2006 9:44:22 AM

I have a feeling you are talking about the recent TASC article about Balance of Power. I don't have the magazine handy but I seem to recall the variables he used may have been called:

moval
wrval

I will look tonight for that issue. Maybe someone else has it handy and can confirm or deny this.

-- Yepher

Baja Ed
11 posts
msg #41584
Ignore Baja Ed
modified
2/25/2006 6:49:53 PM

Let me re-phrase my question... what do the symbols stand for?
Its like telling time I don't need to know how a watch works to see what time it is.
I did find out about Bear & Bull Power at Trade Station Easy Language.
Thanks Yepher & Niko for your replies.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41586
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
2/26/2006 8:01:14 AM

WRVAL: williams %r (10) normalized value

ADVAL: accumulation / distribution normalized value

RSVAL: rsi(2) normalized value

MOVAL: momentum(12) normalized value

Since williams %r, accumulation / distribution, rsi(2) and momentum(12) have different scales, in order to plot them in the same chart you have to NORMALIZE their values. I use a scale of 0 - 100.

Normalization allows one to compare "apples" to "oranges":

RSI normally plots on a scale of 0 - 100.

Accumulation / distribution and momentum plot on a scale of -whatever to +whatever.

Williams %r plots on a scale of -100 to 0.

So by going through the process of NORMALIZATION, one can easily compare these indicators.

So when WRVAL, ADVAL, RSVAL AND MOVAL are all near 0 or near 100 you know the stock has bottomed/topped out.

22 refers to a 22 day test ( 22 days is a month's worth of trading days).

60 refers to a 60 day test ( 60 days is 3 month's worth of trading days - yes, I know 66 would probably be better).

WK refers to weekly indicators.

HTH.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

Baja Ed
11 posts
msg #41647
Ignore Baja Ed
2/28/2006 9:26:28 PM

Thanks TRO for the clarification, now I have better comfort level with the filters that you wrote that use these symbols.

I owe ya a couple of cold ones.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Indicator Initials ????<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.