StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Interactive Brokers fees-fees-fees<< >>Post Follow-up
dwiggains
441 posts
msg #88519
Ignore dwiggains
2/22/2010 10:54:47 AM

Hi
I would like to know if any of you have brokers that charge less fees.
IB commissions are cheap but their fees are killing me.

Example
I am short 1100 shares of TLB and they are charging me $26.17 per DAY for a hard to borrow fee.

Short 3000 shares of FRE and the fee is $7.98 per DAY for a hard to borrow fee.

I was doing spread trades that are making good money until the fees come in.
These are 30 day trades so the fees are killers.

Any ideas if other brokers charge these hard to borrow fees???

Thank you

Venice
82 posts
msg #88521
Ignore Venice
2/22/2010 11:09:02 AM

I don't know about shorting, but Zecco has pretty good deals with there trades. 4.95 per trade, and if you trade more than 25 trades in a month you get 10 free.

Their interface is kind of shitty, but I won't complain with the cheap transaction prices.

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #88530
Ignore dwiggains
2/22/2010 3:22:18 PM

Hi
I chatted with Zecco and they had no idea what the hard to borrow fee would be until I got into the trade.

Would like to know before.

Thanks

Anyone else have a suggestion.

Thanks again
David

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #88568
Ignore dwiggains
2/23/2010 10:16:31 AM

Hi

Free trading

In my search for a broker that has better hard to borrow fees I found something interesting.

Fidelity has FREE trading on 25 ETF.
You can find the list here.

http://personal.fidelity.com/products/trading/What_You_Can_Trade/WYCT_ETFs_List.shtml.cvsr

I talked to the customer service and they said you can trade as often as you like !!! FREE.

Hope it helps

See ya
David

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Interactive Brokers fees-fees-fees<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.