StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Interesting video on today's move up in the DJIA<< >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #77500
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/12/2009 8:59:58 PM

http://www.worden.com/videonotes/pw081209

This showed up in my Inbox a few minutes ago - actually is well done, both from a TA perspective as well as in overall video quality.

Do we have this indicator? I do not see it on the list.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #77501
Ignore chetron
8/12/2009 10:26:55 PM

RIGHT HERE

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #77625
Ignore karennma
8/17/2009 8:53:18 PM

Thanks Kevin.
On that Worden video, which was done 8-12-09, his support line was approx 9250.
We broke that today.
(on the downside)
I'm looking forward to some 300 pt. down days.
:>)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #77629
Ignore karennma
8/17/2009 9:08:30 PM

Kevin look at the filter "niko" did.
Just add your stock price and volume.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #77634
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/17/2009 10:31:56 PM

karen:

Agreed on the short-term downside - I bought SDS,DXD,QID,SAA, and TWM on Friday after the MACD went negative on all (did not go negative on the midcap 400 until this morning). So far so good. I am expecting a bounce tomorrow unless the 8:30 data releases are negative (then watch out below!).

Niko's TSV filter is cool. It picked up both major lows for DIA, QQQQ, and SPY (went positive for all of these on 10 March and on 10 July), and is pretty good at picking the tops as well. Its a little choppy - I might consider adding a smoothing factor which would make it lag a bit, but might be better as a signal for entry/exit.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #77639
Ignore karennma
8/18/2009 8:39:12 AM

Kevin_in_GA
-Kevin_in_GA 8/17/2009 10:31:56 PM
- I might consider adding a smoothing factor which would make it lag a bit, but might be better as a signal for entry/exit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin:
If you do, pls. post so we can test it.
Thx.
:>)

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #77652
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/18/2009 11:40:58 AM

Here's a quick attempt at smoothing out the TSV filter. All I did was to take the 3-period MA of it and compare it to the 10-period MA (keeping the gap at 7 between them). It works nicely - did not catch the market bottoms until a few days later than the unsmoothed version, but now gives fewer and cleaner crossovers.

Fetcher[set{day_chg%, day change / 100}
set{day_chg, day_chg% * close 1 day ago}
set{PriceVol, day_chg * volume}
set{UP, count(sign(day change) equals 1,1) * PriceVol}
set{DOWN, PriceVol - UP}
set{both, up + down}
set{TSV, sum(both, 18)}
do not draw TSV
draw cma(TSV,3)
draw cma(TSV,10)
]

I wanted to take the 3-period CMA as a new variable, like this

set{smoothedTSV,cma(TSV,3)}
draw smoothedTSV
draw cma(smoothedTSV,7)

but it exceeded my current SF level and I do not need to upgrade right now. Please let me know your thoughts.

Kevin

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #77659
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
modified
8/18/2009 3:31:58 PM

By the way - is there a way that I can have this custom filter show up on all my SF charts?

Not in SF 2.0, but rather whever I click on a stock in my watchlists.

Thanks in advance (even if the answer is "no" ...)

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #77679
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/18/2009 11:01:55 PM

Figured out a work-around. I'll see if I can backtest this filter and if it looks good I'll post the results.

Thanks again to Niko for developing this.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Interesting video on today's move up in the DJIA<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.