StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Intraday (Almost) Holy Grail SetUps<< >>Post Follow-up
SFMc01
358 posts
msg #69982
Ignore SFMc01
12/21/2008 2:10:40 PM

Here on the StockFetcher Forums some of our members have tremendous experience trading during the day. Some here have learned a lot that, hopefully, they will want to share these with their fellow millionaire wanabees.

I'm requesting that if someone here has learned that certain combinations of bars/candlesticks, maybe along with volume considerations, usually preceed an upward or downward movement in a stock, they might share it with others.

Please feel free to jump right in. Thanks.

Steve

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #69983
Ignore luc1grunt
modified
12/21/2008 2:57:24 PM

I trade pretty much intra-day only. BUT....a glance at some indicators before hand can increase probabilities in your trades. For example...if one of your traders is at an excessve RSI or CCI and maybe a stochastic is crossing/bollinger pierced with a doji etc, you may have a little more conviction when your signals come.

I guess my point being, if the dailies show severely overbought and an intra-day key support is breached, you may have an opportunity to capitalize on the move through scaling or adjusting your r/r for that trade. Sometimes a 5 minute move will play out into an extended 30 minute move etc if you have convictions at the pullback/retrace areas and the technicals support the move.

SSO/QLD (long or short), AMGN, AAPL, RIMM, GE etc.

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #69985
Ignore 13th_floor
12/21/2008 7:20:06 PM

I know this is "outside the box",it certainly is not for everyone,in fact few can probably handle it.
But if 1 person out of 100 here can benefit some...then great.
All the price bar,volume,indicator,ma crosses etc. have been done over and over,its played.
So to the few that might want to look at daytrading in a new light,i offer this...

http://greenonthescreen.blogspot.com/2008/06/im-gonna-try.html

Like I said,if it opens just one persons eyes to something new,than cool
What I learned changed my stocktrading life forever,it can never be taken away,that's a good feeling

miketranz
956 posts
msg #69989
Ignore miketranz
12/22/2008 11:08:36 AM

Hi 13th,I read the combo scan.Is there a clickable version on here? How exactly do you trade it? Where are your entrys,exits? Are you using1,3,5,min charts? Also,what do you trade or scan for overnight night holds,sell on open,gap type of trades? Thanks,very appreciated,Mike....

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #69993
Ignore SFMc01
12/22/2008 4:25:58 PM

Hi 13th. Thanks for your input. It's great.

What setup(s) do you use to enter into one of the stocks selected? For example, you have identified a list of stocks with a high potential for popping. Yet, as you know, at anytime they can still go either way. When do you decide to enter short or long?

Thanks .. you have given a lot to us and we appreciate it.

Steve

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Intraday (Almost) Holy Grail SetUps<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.