StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Intraday Stock Charts<< >>Post Follow-up
dforant1
76 posts
msg #65816
Ignore dforant1
8/4/2008 9:47:43 PM

Looking for a charting service that will allow me to go back more than 4 days intraday. I use Ameritrade and Quote Tracker.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65817
Ignore chetron
modified
8/4/2008 9:56:13 PM

ameritrade's command center 2.0 does that.

or you can dowload the stradegy desk, also does that.

hrflynn1
1 posts
msg #65859
Ignore hrflynn1
8/5/2008 8:04:59 PM

Strategy Desk is free and can be set up similar to eSignal and TradeStation. Easy to download. Excellent charting flexibility (multiple charts, multiple time frames, many indicators and oscillators to mix and match) though the screening and formula building functionality is not very user friendly. Let me know if you need some help.

dforant1
76 posts
msg #65907
Ignore dforant1
8/6/2008 6:39:15 PM

thanks for the help. I use Ameritrade for broker. So used to Quote Tracker I hate to invest time learning new progams. Strategy Desk works fine, no problem once things get set up. This looking back intraday for months has given me confidence to use the opposing Candlestick color system. Just sit and pounce. I use 2 different stocks screens and take the best half hour choice. SPF and AMD have been working for me.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #65908
Ignore alf44
modified
8/6/2008 6:46:23 PM

...pretty sure you can go back 20 days intra-day...using Ameritrade with QuoteTracker.

Not sure I understand the "problem"...

Unless of course...you wanna go back further than 20 days...that then would be a problem...lol

Regards,

alf44

dforant1
76 posts
msg #65949
Ignore dforant1
8/7/2008 6:07:57 PM

yeah, Quote Tracker can only go back 20 days intraday from what I can see. Now that I'm daytrading thanks to The Rumpled One I get much info from past intraday studies. Have been doing well. May switch to Strategy Desk entirely but hate to use time learning new programs.

dforant1
76 posts
msg #65950
Ignore dforant1
8/7/2008 6:28:02 PM

hrflynn1
- Ignore hrflynn1 8/5/2008 8:04:59 PM

Strategy Desk is free and can be set up similar to eSignal and TradeStation. Easy to download. Excellent charting flexibility (multiple charts, multiple time frames, many indicators and oscillators to mix and match) though the screening and formula building functionality is not very user friendly. Let me know if you need some help.

I just want to look at candle colors and observe certain candle patterns and keep things simple. Been trying to make a living out of the market for 12 years now. I don't have the head for it. This method is simple and lucrative. Thanks for the time. Medved Quote Tracker has teamed up with Ameritrade so I would imagine the fills are as good as one could get. Ameritrade is my broker.

Char41
2 posts
msg #65966
Ignore Char41
8/8/2008 12:18:14 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to set up a scan in stockfetcher that will show double bottom on stochastics?

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65973
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
8/8/2008 2:26:15 PM

Char41 -

It's not perfect, but you'll get a plethera of "Double Bottoms"
out of this. And if the 2nd bottom is too early for your liking,
just "offset " it for a couple of days

Fetcher[Slow Stochastics(5,3) crossed below 25 1-day ago
Close reached a new 2-week low within the last 10-days
Add column slow stochastics(5,3)
Volume is above 100000
Sort column 5 ascending
close is above 1
Offset 0
]

- THEMIGHTYRIGGS -

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Intraday Stock Charts<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.