StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there a bug witht he Donchian channel bands<< >>Post Follow-up
smartguy
47 posts
msg #99831
Ignore smartguy
3/23/2011 10:04:39 AM

Is there a bug with the Donchian channel bands or am I doing something wrong. I have a scan that includes this:

Donchian Upper Band(14) today >= Donchian Upper Band(14) 1 day ago
Donchian Lower Band(14 today >= Donchian Lower Band(14) 1 day ago
Donchian Center Band(14) today >= Donchian Center Band(14) 1 day ago

It seems to pass the debug stage OK. What I am looking for is for the upper, middle, and lower bands to be either greater or equal to the day before's bands. When I look at the chart, it plots a 10 period Donchian, not a 14 period- what am I missing? Thanks in advance

smartguy
47 posts
msg #99850
Ignore smartguy
3/24/2011 4:25:14 PM

Can one of the Mods take a look at this and tell me if I am doing something wrong, or is there a problem with the indicator- Thanks

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #99888
3/25/2011 6:41:32 PM

Hi,

On line 2 you are missing a "paren", below is an example that may help:

Fetcher[
Donchian Upper Band(14) >= Donchian Upper Band(14) 1 day ago
and Donchian Lower Band(14) >= Donchian Lower Band(14) 1 day ago
and Donchian Center Band(14) >= Donchian Center Band(14) 1 day ago
]

StockFetcher Support

smartguy
47 posts
msg #99907
Ignore smartguy
3/26/2011 2:58:16 PM

thank you- ,but still shows 10 period on the chart, not 14 - still appears to be a problem. Please advise.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #99910
3/26/2011 3:19:52 PM

When we view the results of the corrected filter posted above, we only see the "Donchian(14,0)" bands. You may want to verify if you have any conflicting settings, or your browser is displaying cached information.

StockFetcher Support

smartguy
47 posts
msg #99913
Ignore smartguy
3/26/2011 3:45:02 PM

that was it- thanks- all is well now

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there a bug witht he Donchian channel bands<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.