StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up lV<< 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41 >>Post Follow-up
EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #58460
Ignore EWZuber
12/24/2007 5:33:59 AM

Looks like HUI is bouncing up off its 25 WK.MA.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #58523
Ignore EWZuber
modified
12/26/2007 12:27:08 PM

Exit ENER $35.50 for + $0.83

XSNX on a tear up over 15%.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #58526
Ignore EWZuber
12/26/2007 4:13:45 PM

Solar/green stocks going nuts!
ALTI +8%
CPST +13.5%
CSUN +40%
ESLR +14.8%
PLUG +6%
SOLF +8%
LDK +6.76%
TSL +7.5%
XSNX +16.6%

dbyrt
70 posts
msg #58528
Ignore dbyrt
12/26/2007 5:17:20 PM

I traded two of these today, but can you believe it, still came out down on the day! SOLF and LDK.

As TRO says, its not the stock, but how you trade it. Every time I entered it went sideways, then dipped down and hit my stop. Obviously the entry trigger I'm using might be lacking, it was a moving avg cross-over (4 and 20 min).

Alternatively to a stop, whenever I've tried setting a target to hit on the upside, the price doesn't make it, starts coming down away from it, and I'm chasing after it on the way down to get out before it goes much lower.

Any ideas appreciated on how to enter and exit these.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #58529
Ignore miketranz
12/26/2007 5:45:28 PM

I traded ESLR today,great liquidity,tight spread.You could have made money all day long with this one buying on the dips and selling up.Pull up a 3min chart and see what I mean.The afternoon action was where its at.I've traded CSIQ a few times,very volatile,wide spread,trades thin,this one could hurt you if your trading any kind of size.The way I look at the market these days,you might as well trade where the action is,if you want to make any kind of money.........

dbyrt
70 posts
msg #58530
Ignore dbyrt
modified
12/26/2007 5:50:38 PM

"I traded ESLR today,great liquidity,tight spread.You could have made money all day long with this one buying on the dips and selling up."

How do you buy on a dip, and know that its the bottom of the dip?, and, when do you know when its at the top and time to sell?

I guess, after selecting a stock, these two questions are the most fundamental, the only questions that actually matter. TRO's approach is to draw a horizontal line and sell when a target is reached, e.g., 'don't be greedy'. All the squgglies don't seem to help a lot, and I think I have to agree, no amount of squiggles seem to give me the right triggers.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #58531
Ignore miketranz
12/26/2007 6:12:41 PM

I trade with 3 sma 9/18/27 on a 3min chart.I wait for the stock to pullback into the 27 line,and break down below it,and enter when it re-crosses it to the upside.This was also one of those high volume,long range days.You just have to be luck enough to be there.When price starts to move up,sell it when it starts to run-up.Your selling into the rush,when everybodys buying.Use a tight stop just under your entry,and honor it.Trading is'nt a science and nothing works all the time.Experience is the best teacher.....

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #58539
Ignore EWZuber
12/26/2007 7:15:22 PM

dbyrt, using an MA crossover is not enough because it doesn't give you the big picture.
For me to enter a long position I need to see the stock in a relatively oversold condition using slow stochastics, 5,3,3.
I need to see it bouncing up off of a moving average while stochastics give me a +Xover.
I use 10, 15, 25 & 50 period moving averages in all time frames.

There really was NO really good buy signal for LDK or SOLF on the Hourly and 5 minute charts today. It's no wonder you had difficulty with them. SOLF actually created a ST sell signal this morning as stochastics went into a distribution phase.
The Daily Chart could create an Evening Star pattern tomorrow which typically marks a cycle top. The example I offer as a possible entry tomorrow is strictly offered only as an example on the Hourly Chart. Other time frames must agree and in this case it looks very risky.

If you do a search for the Convergent Stochastic Theory on SF threads I believe you will find detailed explanations of how it works.

The other day when I mentioned that XNSN was at a compelling entry point there were several things in place for a buy signal.
-The Daily and Weekly Charts were in accumulation phases.
-The Hourly Chart stochastics were max oversold at 0 and completely converged.
-XSNX was testing pattern support and support at the 50 HR.MA.
-Sell volume was low.

Most important was the stochastic +Xover with a bounce up off of support. A second buy signal was created this morning.

Only buy at support if the stock is in a longer term uptrend. (that is longer term than the time frame you are trading in)
Otherwise I advocate buying on the break of the 10 period MA as the stock bottoms out in the distribution phase and is testing the 10 period MA as support along with a near simultaneous stochastic +Xover. This is a high success point.
Don't just take anything that comes along, be very very specific. and disciplined in your trading.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #58541
Ignore EWZuber
modified
12/26/2007 7:22:56 PM

I do not recommend taking a long position tomorrow in this stock at this time because of the relatively high volume Doji Star pattern that is possibly developing. It is telling me there were a lot of sellers today. However look at this Hourly Chart as if the Daily Chart was just at the beginning of an accumulation phase and you will see the possibility for a buy signal tomorrow as stochastics converge to cross and SOLF would bounce up off of the 10 HR.MA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #58542
Ignore EWZuber
12/26/2007 7:25:09 PM

I suspect it is more likely we see the 10 HR.MA violated as support tomorrow, but we'll see.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up lV<< 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.