StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up lV<< 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41 >>Post Follow-up
EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #60022
Ignore EWZuber
2/27/2008 3:58:13 PM

LDK dead on LT-TLS from Daily Chart now.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #60023
Ignore EWZuber
modified
2/27/2008 4:00:50 PM

I have the LT-TLS at $27.80
I took a Daily Chart from IB and carefully drew a 1 YR supporting trendline. Then changed time frames to the 5 minute chart for a microscopic look at it and the stock closed within 1C of that line.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60024
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
2/27/2008 4:03:18 PM

I didn't finetune my chart, so if ure correct in ure analysis there still might be some shelf-life for this junk. Nevertheless, this sucka will have hard time rising out of the ashes, especially in light of the fact that the crude oil might come down some more tomorrow and the general market condition will likely also change.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #60025
Ignore EWZuber
2/27/2008 4:09:11 PM

MSFT still within the Hourly Chart consolidation pattern and above pattern TLS(Trendline Support).
5m chart broke ST-TLS but bounced up off of the 5m/25MA and closed inside the pattern with heavy buying volume., 3 Mill. shares in the last candlestick!
However the 5m/10MA is still resistance.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #60026
Ignore EWZuber
2/27/2008 4:16:21 PM

It's tough to find the exact point of a trendline using Daily Charts. Big Money has software that automatically draws the trendline and reads out the exact $amount of that trendline as you scroll over the line and pin points it exactly.
Huge volume spikes in both directions in the final 10 minutes. Sell volume winning out as the last candlestick only retraced about 30% of the drop with the same volume.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #60028
Ignore EWZuber
2/27/2008 4:22:26 PM

COMP closed the Hourly Chart above it's 10 HR.MA which is ST bullish,.
With the 5m Chart oversold this could lead to a small gap up tomorrow.
Todays close could lead to a short covering rally to the 50 DMA at ~2440,
IMO.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60041
Ignore nikoschopen
2/28/2008 3:04:34 PM

Timbeeerrrrrr!!!

I think this is the moment. Just don't kill me if I'm wrong (yet again).

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60042
Ignore nikoschopen
2/28/2008 3:37:53 PM

I shudder to think what might happen should the S&P fall back into the triangle. Burrrr!

In the meantime, the dollar sinks for the third day in a row to set a new record low against the euro. But that's not much of a news, is it?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60043
Ignore nikoschopen
2/28/2008 3:55:43 PM

Another interesting observation:

Why the hell did the market fall today on bad economic data when it simply ignored it yesterday and the day before? Why not just brush it off as irrelevant? Who gets to decide these matters? In light of the Ambac travesty and the subsequent rescue staged last Friday by the very dunces that were the cause of Ambac's illness, why is it that such a news is so immaculately timed to be announced just when the market is in great danger? Who gets to decide when to release these news?

Why do I still fume after all these years? Am I supposed to even care?

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #60045
Ignore EWZuber
2/28/2008 4:19:29 PM

nikoschopen, I played LDK again to the long side but got in during the first run before it collapsed so didn't make anything on it but didn't lose anything either.
I find that because of the trading restrictions, I tend to wait longer to try and determine if the move will last the session. Otherwise I'm in and out and then often prevented from trading for several days. I was surprised to find I had a trade available today.
Much easier when the market is trending. These consolidations are tough to trade, but add PDT to it and it becomes a major challenge since it is a day traders market.
How'd you do today ?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up lV<< 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.