fortyfour
189 posts
msg #110216
Ignore fortyfour
1/15/2013 9:03:38 PM

Kevin,
Could you please ask Stockfetcher to add this indicator. There was a public
Attempt to do the math for this indicator on SS . I would almost want to keep
This indicator widely unknown but I can't do the math.
Seriously, check it out . You have more weight with SF than anyone and
Your contributions are appreciated.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #110217
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/15/2013 9:40:14 PM

You think I have weight with them? I'm still trying to get them to give us a DATE function, or monthly data, or ... they should respond quickly if they are serious about customer support, even if the answer is no.

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #110224
Ignore guru_trader
1/16/2013 2:42:15 AM

Ya -- it's very frustrating -- SF does not seem to care much about what features their customers want, they have their own agenda ... desktop versions, ipad versions, all that time and money spent without adding features many of us have been requesting for years and years and years

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #110226
1/16/2013 7:26:16 AM

Concerning the subject of this thread, we will look into the measure mentioned. However, this is the first time we have been requested to investigate this measure. If you can provide specific details concerning the data and steps for calculation, we would be more than happy to investigate further.

@guru_trader: Please provide specific features you personally would like to see that we have not included or responded to as why they may not be included.

We are sorry that the updates we have provided recently (backtesting, iPad, upgraded charts, etc) have not met your personal needs. Again, we strongly recommend you supply specific details directly to us either via the forums or a support@stockfetcher.com and we would be happy to respond to each feature you personally feel we have ignored or not implemented.

Additionally, when requesting new features, please provide details on exactly how you expect the desired feature should work. For example, simply requesting "monthly data" is not particularly helpful as there are multiple methods of computing monthly data. For example, we have had "calendar month" requests (which involves partial months) as well as simply using a basic rolling n-day month.

Continuing on the "monthly" example. From our research, we have found that adding a "calendar month" period simply does not provide enough incremental benefit over existing functionality for longer-term measures and prices. As a result, this is a feature we do not have plans to implement at this time.

Please keep in mind that while you may not see the worth or application of a new feature or upgrade, the features we have recently introduced have received strong levels of interest either via the forums or via direct contact with us.

StockFetcher Support

springhill
74 posts
msg #110259
Ignore springhill
1/16/2013 3:16:13 PM

Here is some background and code from other platforms for the Laguerre
Don't know if this will help.

SECTION_BEGIN("Laguree RSI");
SetBarsRequired(200, 0);

// Ehlers formulas
// from Ehlers, John F. Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures. Wiley. 2004.
// Chapter 14, p. 213. Code on p. 221.

function LRSI(array, gamma)
// Figure 14.8 on p. 221.
{
L0 = array; // Initialize as array
L1 = array;
L2 = array;
L3 = array;
LRSIValue = array;

for(i = 1; i < BarCount; i++)
{
L0 = (1 - gamma)*array + gamma*L0[i-1];
L1 = - gamma * L0 + L0[i-1] + gamma * L1[i-1];
L2 = - gamma * L1 + L1[i-1] + gamma * L2[i-1];
L3 = - gamma * L2 + L2[i-1] + gamma * L3[i-1];

CU = 0;
CD = 0;
if (L0 >= L1) CU = L0 - L1; else (CD = L1 - L0);
if (L1 >= L2) CU = CU + L1 - L2; else CD = CD + L2 - L1;
if (L2 >= L3) CU = CU + L2 - L3; else CD = CD + L3 - L2;

if (CU + CD != 0) LRSIValue = CU / (CU + CD);
}
return LRSIValue;
}

Plot(LRSI(C, 0.5), "Laguerre RSI", colorRed, styleLine);
PlotGrid(.8);
PlotGrid(.5);
PlotGrid(.2);
_SECTION_END();

Fisher Transform:

_SECTION_BEGIN("Fisher Transform");
SetBarsRequired(200, 0);

// Ehlers formulas
// from Ehlers, John F. Cybernetic Analysis for Stocks and Futures. Wiley. 2004.
// Chapter 1, p. 1. Code on p. 7.

function InverseFisher(array)
{
e2y = exp(2 * array);
return (e2y - 1)/(e2y + 1);
}

function Normalize(array, arraylen)
// Figure 1.7 on p. 7
{
MaxH = HHV(array, arraylen);
MinL = LLV(array, arraylen);
Value1[0] = array[0]; // Initialize as array

for(i = 1; i < BarCount; i++)
{
Value1 = .5 * 2 * ((array - MinL) / (MaxH - MinL) - .5) + .5 * Value1[i-1];
if (Value1 > .9999) Value1 = .9999;
if (Value1 < -.9999) Value1 = -.9999;
}
return Value1;
}

function Fisher(array)
// Figure 1.7 on p. 7
{
F = array;
F = .25 * log((1+ array)/(1 - array)) + .5 * Ref(F, -1);
return F;
}

Med = (H+L)/2;

// Fisher Transform
FisherXform = Fisher(Normalize(Med, 10));
Plot(FisherXform, "Fisher Transform", colorRed, styleLine);
Plot(Ref(FisherXform, -1), "", colorBlue, styleLine);
PlotGrid(2);
PlotGrid(-2);

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #110272
Ignore fortyfour
1/16/2013 6:35:08 PM

http://forexcashback.hubpages.com/hub/Laguerre-Custom-MT4-Indicator
http://www.wisestocktrader.com/indicators/2026-ehlers-laguerre-rsi

The popularity of RSI indicator flters leading to complete systems devoloped by people on SF in my opinion are
the main seling point. And yes, Kevins contibutions to this are awesome. This indicator may be another nice tool in this bag.
The Laguerre indicator is implemented in Metatrader, NinjaTrader, TradeStation, and popular in the Forex markets.
It does seem processor/resource intensive . Filtering whipsaws/noise in varying EOD time frames with the adjustable "gamma" parameter is what caught my attention.
Hope you can do it. Thanks.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Laguerre RSI<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.