StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Learning To Make Money -- by Bill Kraft<< >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48496
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/9/2006 1:43:40 PM

Learning To Make Money -- by Bill Kraft

One of the serious ironies I find is that we live in a society where there is an emphasis on making money yet our public school system does little to teach us anything other than how to be employees. I don't mean to suggest that there is anything wrong with being employed, but I do believe that having a job, alone, is not a particularly good way to achieve wealth. It is the rare person who rises above financial middle class through employment. As employees, we are focused on our jobs and have little time left to make real money. The existing educational system does little or nothing to teach or encourage us to learn how to create and accumulate real wealth. Unless and until the focus changes, we are on our own.

Most of us have been taught to get a job, work hard, save our money, and, nowadays, invest in a 401(k) and/or a Roth IRA. In more recent years, experience has been teaching us that such a course of action assures little but mediocrity. Our educational system has been an abject and unmitigated failure in teaching us to do anything other than work for someone else. The system assures a lifelong struggle for most to pay the bills. It fails to teach its students ways to generate wealth.

Have you ever attended any school that taught you how to make money? Have you ever attended any class that taught you how to make money? If you have, I suspect you are a rare individual and I commend you for seeking out that important element of your own education. As I have discussed before, there are seminars, DVDs, books, and website instruction available to any of us who seek to further our education regarding creation and generation of wealth. If we are to increase our knowledge in this area, we have little choice but to avail ourselves of these resources. Though "how-to" books sometimes sell well, most people simply do not take the time to educate themselves in the area of their own financial well-being. I have heard people argue that they don't study these areas either because they don't have the time or because they don't believe they are smart enough. Neither argument is very compelling.

Those who say they don't have enough time to learn how to make themselves wealthy seem to be missing the point. Would we rather struggle incessantly to pay bills while we constantly add to our debt, or would we prefer to have enough money to live life comfortably into and through retirement? I once heard a great teacher say: "If you are willing to do for six months what others aren't, you can do for the rest of your life what others can't." That statement is profound. The point is simple. If you are willing to rearrange your priorities for some period such as six months (or longer) so that you can devote time to increase your knowledge about making money, you will enhance the financial quality of your life. It truly is a question of priorities. If one is unwilling to make the effort to improve their knowledge in an area which will undoubtedly improve their life, then they are probably right where they belong.

Those who fear that they are not smart enough to improve their knowledge about making money are most likely kidding themselves. Unfortunately, we have been repeatedly told that making money must be left in the hands of the experts. We have been told that investing is too complex for the average person and they must rely on someone else to handle their money. Quite frankly, I think that is nonsense. Trust me, no one cares as much about your money as you do. Learning to make and keep money is not limited to the realm of a sorcerer. Almost anyone who is willing to make the effort can do it. Unless we try, we will never know whether we can learn or not. Only if we try and find that we are incapable should we give up. It is at least worth the effort to begin the learning journey. I suggest you begin by reading something like Robert Kiyosaki's /Rich Dad, Poor Dad/ or perhaps the new book co-authored by Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki entitled /Why We Want You to be Rich/. Both books are inspiring and can be eye-opening. They may just start you on your journey to change your life for the better. They won't take you step by step, but they will show you that there is a path worth taking. Later next year, my new book will be published showing specific methods and strategies that will help you blaze your own trail to greater success.

Where you are and where you go from here is in your hands. Great financial success is available to you, but you must act to attain it. Our educational system has not provided us with this area of knowledge. We must seek it actively. To do otherwise will leave this right where we are now. For most, that is a place they do not want to be.

Good Trading!
Bill Kraft

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Learning To Make Money -- by Bill Kraft<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.