StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Let's Play "What's the Market Gonna Do?"<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #72245
Ignore marine2
3/8/2009 3:03:41 PM

What with all the negative news recently on housing, jobs, and manufacturing (GM, and Chrysler in particular) I think we all better, once again, circle the wagons for another downturn to the markets. Cash remains King and the investing environment looks bleak. If you can grap cd's, money markets (getting you 2%) you better take them and smile. If you do invest in stocks, make it a short term (day trading) method and be careful. Commodity play in gold might be a fruitful thought. Hang on, this 2009 year is going to be one hellva ride. Unfortunately, the ride will be more downwards than the other way. Good luck, God Bless, and always know their will be better years ahead.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #72248
Ignore karennma
3/8/2009 6:25:26 PM

I was JUST thinking we ought to have a thread called "Tomorrow".
LOL!
Unfortunately, at the rate things are going, I DON'T KNOW what's gonna happen tomorrow.
Do you?
:>)

(PS- Ordinarily, I'd go long, but just because my indicators say "oversold" .. means nothing in this market)
:>(

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #72255
Ignore luc1grunt
3/9/2009 7:07:23 AM

trade what you see, close all trades by eod, sleep well.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #72256
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/9/2009 8:31:50 AM

"trade what you see,.."

Where have I heard that before? LOL!

The market will go up and down like it always does.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #72260
Ignore petrolpeter
3/9/2009 10:09:38 AM

Since 07 I have been looking at 2 things the that have to get swallowed and digested.#1 GM/Chrysler has to go bankrupt and get restructured(looks like they are getting close),#2 The Bush tax cuts expire and now adding to that all the new administrations tax proposals(these are good times now,capital gains tax is at 0 right now isn't it?Taxes are very low also.Going to be a wallop when all that comes off.)Neither has happened yet and was thinking back then 6500 would be a definite entry back in but not sure now.Your exactly right,in and out rules.

marine2
963 posts
msg #72606
Ignore marine2
3/13/2009 1:21:29 AM

Rumps wisdom never ceases to amaze me, "The market will go up and down like it always does." And I say, play the roller coaster ride right, and all will be good. The last 3 days show that. If you played it right you were in the money and slept well.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #72610
Ignore luc1grunt
3/13/2009 6:33:04 AM

media is giddy this morning...................see where it leads, he, he.

marine2
963 posts
msg #72706
Ignore marine2
3/14/2009 3:01:50 PM

Ha, you gotta love the doubt now. Has the market bottomed or is this just a lil burp to the upside with more negative stuff coming in soon? The bears and bulls have their assessments on whats to expect from the market. Both are on opposite ends of the earth of course. I like the sideways motion to the ocean for awhile myself. I think everything is trying to work itself out. Kinda like how an old slot machine internals work, this does that to make this other thing move while that makes something else move and on and on. Our businesses are still reeling backwards and until we start seeing housing, jobs, and credit flow upwards and fluidly we just need to day trade and enjoy the simple things in life. What do you guys think?

marine2
963 posts
msg #72833
Ignore marine2
3/17/2009 2:30:14 AM

Any takers on where the market is headed in the short term? Will it go through the 7300 mark or will it break back down to the 7000 level soon?

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #72837
Ignore luc1grunt
3/17/2009 6:15:00 AM

See if the S&P can pierce resistance on volume. There are high prob trades around that resistance band. SSO/SDS, FAZ/FAS, QID/QLD for now.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Let's Play "What's the Market Gonna Do?"<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.