StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Look at BIDU. Reminds me of 1999 ....<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
curmudgeon
103 posts
msg #54944
Ignore curmudgeon
9/19/2007 6:10:40 PM

karennma - web 2.0 is the age of Google, Youtube etc. AJAX was the defining height of that HTML era. HTML was designed to display text and not much else. (Keep in mind the one trick pony GOOG relies entirely on text to generate revenue).

New technologies will blur the line between desktop (or mobile) and web. Your browser 5 years from now will be far different from today and the apps that run in it will be indistinguishable from the ones installed on your computer. Say, Joe Blow has 40 years experience in grain futures trading and hooks up with a .NET developer and produces his version of a trading platform. Instead of having to install it you will be able to run it from your browser.

Needless to say there's a whole new wave of killer ideas coming down the road. Web 3.0 has the promise of reproducing the go go rush of web 1.0.

niko - when you spend a month in anticipation of the "kings" decision on whether he throws us peons a bone or not...you gotta wonder what "democracy", "freedom", "free markets", "capitalism" etc really mean. Are we watching shadows on the wall....

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54960
Ignore karennma
9/20/2007 10:04:52 AM

petrolpeter:
well hell.
BIDU up AGAIN!
geez!!
I just don't get it.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #54964
Ignore petrolpeter
9/20/2007 12:51:17 PM

Maybe it's the GOOG of the Orient and heading to 500,wouldn't doubt it.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54967
Ignore karennma
9/20/2007 2:10:12 PM

Petrolp:
No doubt it IS the GOOG of China ... but for chrissakes ... the thing MUST go down at some point.
This is ridiculous!
Classic case of indicators NOT working!
overbot!
overbot!
overbot!
Then, Y doesn't it go DOWN?
#$&# #$&*(!!

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #54986
Ignore petrolpeter
9/21/2007 3:17:24 AM

Remember '99' when the shorts were crushed and crushed and crushed all the way up and then in the midst of hysterical elation, the bulls slipped and fell into the crusher too?We may need some of NIKO's intuition on this one.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #55111
Ignore petrolpeter
9/24/2007 12:54:28 PM

BIDU 100 in april now 300 and only 1 red bar all month!YEE-HA

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #55133
Ignore nikoschopen
9/24/2007 6:41:45 PM

Hmm, as far as I can tell, it ain't just BIDU that's shooting for the moon. Every other "made in China" stock is on a tear as well. One of the reasons for their resiliency is that Chinese investors are kept in the dark about what really goes on the outside world because their big Commie boss keeps a heavy lid over the Internet. So I suppose as long as the company's stock holds up well within its own border, the ADR being the child can only mirror its parent. That's what other cynics are telling me.

At any rate, what does it matter whether BIDU is trading at 300 or 3000? If you think it's expensive, then short it. If not, then buy it. Whatever happened to the "buy high and sell higher" principle touted by IBD zealots?

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #55183
Ignore petrolpeter
9/25/2007 1:47:28 PM

Play all China?Yes,of course,NIKO your a genius.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #55197
Ignore nikoschopen
9/25/2007 4:43:23 PM

I don't see anything in my previous comment about playing the China stock, do you? And since when did I take over the precious spot reserved for Riggs? In any case, I respectfully decline.

kf1492
7 posts
msg #55213
Ignore kf1492
9/25/2007 11:47:48 PM

I have been doing business china since the mid 80's when many chinese still wore Mao jackets and the bycicle was the main mode of transportation.
Recently I read that they are opening over 100 000 new investment accounts a day.
Even if that is an overestimate so much is true:
In the last 25 years there is an excuberance unequaled anywhere in the world, regardin economics and Chinas place in the world as an economic power. It is absolutly like the wild west.
There has not been a downturn in recent memory or at least since the Cultural Revelution in the 70's. It's all been up up up.
That is not to say that they do not remember the past and it is because if the past that they are trying to make hay while the sun is shining.
It is true that the communist party is still very much in control and determines the overall policy.
That is a good thing because otherwise things would be even more out of control regarding graft and corruption. Every once in a while someone makes the trip to the quarry.(BTW the family has to pay for the bullet to claim the body---never miss a chance to make a little money)
They are absolutly hardwired for success.
Wheeling and dealing is a way of life and every Chinese wants to be in business for themselves.
I would love to know how many women compared to here in the US are investing in the market. As far as future growth in china , keep this in mind: the plus or minus error in the chinese population count is about the size of the US population.
So where it is going is anyones guess. I have a feeling though that comparing the Chinese economy to the US economy is like comparing apple and oranges.
Love the SF forums and thanks for all your contributions.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Look at BIDU. Reminds me of 1999 ....<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.