StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Looking to use Donchian indicator on more than just equities<< >>Post Follow-up
LebowskiUrbanAchievers
56 posts
msg #93632
Ignore LebowskiUrbanAchievers
6/8/2010 11:17:41 AM

I have been exploring Donchian trend following and I was wondering if Stock Fetcher is able to look at currencies, bonds, and indexes to explore their trends. I have been making money shorting the Euro for the past few weeks, though even a monkey can do that. I am looking to compile a filter for both long (price passing above the Upper Donchian channel line) and short (opposite).

four
5,087 posts
msg #93633
Ignore four
6/8/2010 11:43:59 AM

Currency ETFs

http://currencyetf.net/

wkloss
231 posts
msg #93634
Ignore wkloss
6/8/2010 11:44:47 AM

If Stockfetcher doesn't follow all of these, try Finviz. Their screener can do 20 day highs and lows. The site can't do much of what this one can but the entry level subscription is free.

LebowskiUrbanAchievers
56 posts
msg #93635
Ignore LebowskiUrbanAchievers
6/8/2010 11:57:48 AM

Should I make a watchlist of all the symbols currency included?

wkloss
231 posts
msg #93644
Ignore wkloss
6/8/2010 2:32:02 PM

I looked at Finviz and they have no way of filtering beyond everything that made a 20 day high or low.

On Stockfetcher (SF), you definitely need a list whether you use the watchlist feature or code your filter with the "apply to sym list" so it knows the ones you want it to look for (check for exact wording on the sym list part). When you try to add a symbol to a watchlist, it will tell you if the symbol exists which I also take to mean whether SF has it in their symbol universe. SF doesn't follow everything. Be sure to watch for prefixes. For example, NDX doesn't work but ^NDX does.

If SF doesn't follow the currency, it may follow the ETF that tracks the currency.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Looking to use Donchian indicator on more than just equities<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.