StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MA filter help<< >>Post Follow-up
papagatorga
124 posts
msg #55050
Ignore papagatorga
9/22/2007 10:47:18 AM

I would like to write a filter for 3 converging MA's, a 13, 26, and 50. If it is not possible to do all three together, perhaps we could do two different filters and put them in a watch list to combine results. In other words, I want the three MA going sideways close together.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #55053
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/22/2007 12:13:47 PM

I posted a few of those types of filters.

corsino
259 posts
msg #55065
Ignore corsino
9/23/2007 1:26:16 AM

You can try:
Ma (13) equal to ma(26)
ma(26) equal to ma (50)

I've used this method, but with ma (5), ma(10) and ma(15) and it works.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #55074
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
9/23/2007 10:58:46 AM

Fetcher[
set{diff1, abs(ma(13) - ma(26)) }
set{diff2, abs(ma(26) - ma(50)) }

add column diff1
add column diff2

/* MAIN selection criteria */
diff1 below .05
diff2 below .05

]

You can tweak this by changing the lines:

diff1 below .XX
diff2 below .XX

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #55093
Ignore papagatorga
9/23/2007 9:09:56 PM

Corino and TRO- many thanks for your quick reply. Corino I got no hits from your screen going back over a year. I must have done something wrong. TRO I tried a search before I asked for help and did not find anything helpful. Today I tried a different search and found several of your posts. I copied them then changed the length of the MA"s and it works pretty well. Probably as close as I am going to get. Using your filter some have already broken out up or down in the past three days but others are spot on. Now I have to do my own DD. It's probably obvious I intend to try Option Straddles or Strangles. Absent outside influences, stocks in these patterns (but with volatile histories) will generally break up or down significantly over the next 6 months. Again many thanks to you both.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MA filter help<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.