StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD Crossover with positive slope<< >>Post Follow-up
mistry
11 posts
msg #31142
Ignore mistry
2/20/2004 2:56:48 AM

Need help to find stocks when a MACD crossing has just occurred and both the fast and slow lines are pointing roughly into the 2 o' clock direction.

I Tried this:

MACD Fast Line crossed above MACD Slow Line within the last 10 days
and MACD FAST LINE (12,26) slope is ABOVE 0.5 within the last 3 days
and MACD slow LINE (12,26) slope is ABOVE 0.25 within the last 3 days

I did not see both lines pointing upwards in the ouput I got.

Any ideas or improvements on this script welcome.

Thanks

xplorer
257 posts
msg #31145
Ignore xplorer
2/20/2004 7:42:07 AM

This will look for positive slope ....

Fetcher[21 day slope of the close is above .25]

...are you looking for momentum trades ?

mistry
11 posts
msg #31147
Ignore mistry
2/20/2004 10:32:26 AM

Yes I am looking for momentum trades. I want to see the MACD cross with positive slope on both fast and slow lines at a good angle and with increasing momentum. This is meant to provide a watch list for stocks about to move up.

Could you paste all the script lines needed . I am just starting out and not fully familiar with the syntax.

mistry
11 posts
msg #31148
Ignore mistry
2/20/2004 10:34:10 AM

Hi XPlorer is there no way to look for the slope of MACD directly .. Your statement is showing slope for close.

xplorer
257 posts
msg #31150
Ignore xplorer
2/20/2004 10:54:50 AM

... I don't beleive that you can do a slope of MACD ... I tried disecting your screen and using your "MACD slow LINE (12,26) slope is ABOVE 0.25" only... it showed no results. Unfortunately when Stockfetcher doesn't understand a parameter, it ignores it.

I'll play with it a little more and see what I can bring up ...

xplorer
257 posts
msg #31151
Ignore xplorer
2/20/2004 11:10:45 AM

Well, I spoke too soon ...It can be done ... I guess it has to do with the semantics.
this works :

Fetcher[15 day slope of MACD slow LINE(12,26) ABOVE 4]

... let me know hoif this helps ....

Trade on !

mistry
11 posts
msg #31177
Ignore mistry
2/23/2004 1:56:15 AM

Thanks xplorer - apolgies for a delayed reply.

I still did not get the line orinetation correct.

What is needed is to detect crossing of MACD lines but both lines pointing upwards towards the right.

Maybe values need to be used instead of the slope - after all, the slope represents a progressively higher value.

The idea is to detect the MACD crossing and then later detect stochastics crossover below 25 with fast line above slow line , getting ready for a surge in stock price. This should be coupled with an RSI above 50 to confirm this upward novement.

So we want:

1/ RSI(15) > 50
2/ Stochastics Crossover oocurring below 25
3/ MACD crossover with both lines upwards

Not sure whether it matters to have any of 1,2,3 occuring in a specfic order and how this can be scripted to ensure correct firing order.

I also want to draw EAM(8) and EMA(13) when I ahve a short list.

Sorry if these question are a bit basic .. still a newbie.

Thanks

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD Crossover with positive slope<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.