StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD<< >>Post Follow-up
mrrutt
2 posts
msg #36698
Ignore mrrutt
7/3/2005 10:05:47 PM

Not even sure how to ask this question, but....
When using the MACD (12,26) crossover I see the crossover from the filter when I go to the monthly (shorter)time frame and daily frequency (I guess it's a daily filter.)I want to see the "big picture" crossover (expand to a yearly time frame with a monthly frequency. How do I "expand" the filter to filter for the 1 year monthly (big picture) crossovers instead of such short term crossovers.
Ok, now even im confused...but I know what I mean. HELP.

mrrutt
2 posts
msg #36699
Ignore mrrutt
7/3/2005 10:18:22 PM

ok, maybe this will help.
Go to bigcharts and look at ticker RRD. Monthly (Time) Daily (Frequency).
The MACD crossover for that time period JUST HAPPENED for that time period.
EXPAND to 1 Year (Time) Monthly (Frequency)and the MACD was above the whole time.
How do I filter so that I can find the 1 year monthly "big picture" crossover that would have happend back in June of 2003(3 years / Monthly). whew..hope this helps.
Thanks... anyone.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #36702
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/4/2005 12:35:49 AM

Fetcher[
add column macd(12,26,9)
add column weekly macd(12,26,9)
add column monthly macd(12,26,9)

draw macd(12,26,9)
draw weekly macd(12,26,9)
draw monthly macd(12,26,9)

close above 1
volume above 10000000
]

Doesn't look like SF has the monthly data you seek.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.