StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Managing Money<< >>Post Follow-up
maxreturn
745 posts
msg #100080
Ignore maxreturn
4/2/2011 3:11:40 PM

I've been day trading stocks for the last couple of years. I have a few friends and relatives who have expressed an interest in having me day trade the funds in their IRA's. But I have two questions: 1) I would prefer to do this without having to go through any regulatory hoops or at least keep it to a minimum. 2) I would like to be able to place a trade once and have that same trade executed across all accounts. Is this possible through most brokers? Thanks in advance.

taylorsk
106 posts
msg #100081
Ignore taylorsk
4/2/2011 4:05:46 PM

Interactive Brokers have a friend and family account. I set one up. you can set up a % to execute to all sub accounts.

for example.

your acount - 70%
brothers account 15%
moms account 15%

they will allocate the shares and commissions as per your indiacated percentage

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #100082
Ignore maxreturn
4/2/2011 4:17:49 PM

taylorsk, thanks a lot

taylorsk
106 posts
msg #100083
Ignore taylorsk
4/2/2011 7:51:38 PM

Woops..might have messed up...In Canada at least they do not handle registered funds...only cash accounts.

an IRA is a registered account if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps check with them in the US.....not sure what they handle down there.

drew9
171 posts
msg #100093
Ignore drew9
4/3/2011 9:48:43 PM

I have used the Interactive Brokers Friends and Family account for about a year now. It works great and you have three types of allocations to choose from. I use the % Equity so it allocates the trades based on the funds available in each account. You can trade up to 10 accounts of basically any type. I manage Cash, IRA's, and a Trust account under my Advisor account. I will mention that this is a very sophisticated platform and not "E*Trade". It takes a lot of time to learn to configure it. Also to avoid monthly fees, you must generate at least $10 in commisions for each sub-account monthly. I have also discovered that while they have low commissions (.005 per share) they can certainly creep up fast if you trade high volumes of low priced stocks. I have had to change my strategy a bit to trade higher priced stocks and ETF's as the commisions were getting much higher than my prior broker. Overall, this option makes it great because you can still do this for up to 10 accounts and not become a "professional." This means certifications and certainly higher fees for datafeeds etc.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Managing Money<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.