StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Market Manipulation...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
dforant1
76 posts
msg #65423
Ignore dforant1
7/24/2008 7:46:15 PM

I must admit RSI (2) works quite well. Getting mostly shorts. I wait for 2 sticks to form in my favor after a signal and hopefull breaking out of the linear regression channel. It's the closest I've gotten to mechanical trading.

rtucker
318 posts
msg #65424
Ignore rtucker
7/24/2008 7:59:50 PM

Nice observations IMO Eman93. They are the herd, not us, who can move any stock. Is it smart money? Yup! Not because of brainy market analysis but because we better be on their coattails or else.

40 hedge fund traders with a gazillion dollars. I like that.

Dont forget to look for the sirens and the "Federal Ambulance" parked in front of any financial institution. BUY!

This weeks trade was "Everythings gonna be ok in six months. The kitchen sink quater is in. "Dollar good " gee we need to rasie rates here soon"

I doubt the analysis goes any deeper before "ENTER" is hit to buy the financials.

I like fertilizer. SO WHAT! I like coal. WHO CARES. Nat Gas . WHAT FOOL.? That trade is tommorrow or next week maybe, not now.

Head fakes, failed reversals. It's hard going lately , but the one thing I ask myself now is "Where is the herd going this week".

Any ideas?

dforant1
76 posts
msg #65425
Ignore dforant1
7/24/2008 8:03:27 PM

miketranz 7/24/2008 4:10:58 PM

Question for you guys buying off the bottom.Are you buying the next day when price rises above the previous days high? Or are you buying on the close of a "green day" up? Whats the right way to go w/this set up,risk wise & profit wise?? Mike....

I have been buying higher than the close after 2 sticks including the signal.
Dan

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #65430
Ignore Eman93
7/25/2008 10:05:57 AM

The bigger the drop in RSI the bigger the run, I can only trade long in my 401k, no shorts so i have been looking for longs, i look for stocks with strong uptrends, and try to get the big interday swings, it sound easy but its not, you need a strong gut and strong convictions, limit your losses, I try to use a 3:1 risk reward ratio.

Look to Fibonacci Zone Pivots, its not exact but gives you an idea of support and resistance levels.

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #65476
Ignore TrendSurfer
7/26/2008 11:18:35 PM

As traders we will never know what the big money is thinking or what type of information are influencing their decisions to buy or sell.

Quite frankly, we don’t really need to know the ‘WHY’ because it would most likely only confuse or intimidate us.

We do know ‘WHEN’ they make their move. As a trader that is all we need to know so we can trade with them, not against them.

We can see it on our charts with the change in the price bars. A rather dramatic ‘footprint’ as their bias shifts from positive to negative and back to positive once again. It's all about the trend and timing.

The herd misses many an opportunity and always late both getting in and out, when they become enamored or distracted with the mass media news headlines.

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #66067
Ignore TrendSurfer
modified
8/11/2008 1:49:50 PM

Do the rigged markets affect the way you trade?

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z66kmPRl5Y&feature=related

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3H6uEyR66M&feature=related

TS

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #67596
Ignore TrendSurfer
9/22/2008 6:31:29 PM

Somebody didn't tell TV star Michael Chiklis about market manipulation! Or how to control his risk.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26841903

Watch the Video Feed, interesting...

TS

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #67597
Ignore FuriousThug
9/22/2008 7:32:57 PM

Personally, I am wondering if I'm witnessing the ultimate pump-and-dump with regards to the increasing media frenzy over short selling.

"Bring back the uptick!!"
"Indict the hedge funds!!"
"Add to the list of unshortables!!"

Okay, everybody. It's safe to go in the water again.
After all, it's the short sellers that caused this mess.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #67600
Ignore alf44
modified
9/22/2008 10:59:14 PM

...the "game" is crooked...

...the "game" has ALWAYS been crooked !!!

NEVER forget that !!!

Add the fact that over this last week...the rules and the playing field have been radically changed...and...well..."crookedness" is just part of the problem !!!

As for CNBC (ie..."the media")...they are "tools"...and I'm being kind !!!

Regards,

alf44

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #67601
Ignore FuriousThug
9/22/2008 11:28:42 PM

Wait...so when "Karen Finerman likes long Microsoft [MSFT 25.40 0.24 (+0.95%) ] for its buy back program," I shouldn't pay attention to such a valuable nugget?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Market Manipulation...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.