StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Max Pain = Put/Call ratios and OI<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
abelincoln
126 posts
msg #89935
Ignore abelincoln
3/19/2010 11:41:17 AM

thanks LeavittBros....the B-A-c 17 put up 300% less than 2 hours..this is nuts
the lrc top hit helps too much
buy side pressure was ridiculously weighted this morning still is

abelincoln
126 posts
msg #89989
Ignore abelincoln
3/20/2010 9:24:14 AM

those morning targets worked near flawlessly...for OpX...interesting

guess the aggregate March premium for B-A( was around 20cents

gmg733
788 posts
msg #90018
Ignore gmg733
3/20/2010 3:53:51 PM

I have successfully sold credit spreads for some time and you make good money. Others are better than I am, but you can make a good 8-10% a month on selling credit spreads. Not bad and easy to do. But it is hard to do right now since the VIX is so low. There just isn't a lot of premium in the short dated options right now. In fact I'm studying the volatility crush that happens after expiration and seeing that may be the best bet for options selling. Wait fo the current months options to elevate in premium (usually a week before current month expiration), sell the next month and the following week when the volatility comes after the current months expiration, you can take advantage of the volatility being taken out of the overpriced options.

On the the other hand, if you can find stocks at an imbalance were the OI 'pain' number is far off from the stock in price, buying premium can be explosive. I have not figured out how to do this just yet, but I have seen it happen. I need a screen that shows max pain at x and current stock price at y and the differential.

machismo
115 posts
msg #90020
Ignore machismo
modified
3/20/2010 4:23:43 PM

for people who like to sell options..this is a good resource and its free..

http://www.callpix.com/

abelincoln
126 posts
msg #90433
Ignore abelincoln
3/26/2010 3:45:01 PM

for people who like to sell options..this is a good resource and its free..

http://www.callpix.com/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

interesting

thanks 4 share

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Max Pain = Put/Call ratios and OI<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.