StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Metastock and Stockfetcher<< >>Post Follow-up
yepher
359 posts
msg #31563
Ignore yepher
3/30/2004 4:17:01 PM

I am a huge fan of Stockfetcher and also a big fan of Metastock. I wish there were some way to take scans I have built in Stockfetcher and run them through Metastock for in depth back testing.

Anyone aware of anything that can make this process simplar than rewriting the scan in each place?

-- Chris

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #31564
Ignore EWZuber
3/30/2004 4:31:04 PM

yepher
Metastock 2.5 interactive charts used to be available free on line. I really liked them and to date are the best charts I have ever used.
I am wondering if you can set up Metastock to trigger an alert when a trendline is violated?
If so can several windows of this nature run at the same time?
TIA

yepher
359 posts
msg #31567
Ignore yepher
3/30/2004 10:55:14 PM

EWZuber

Yes, If I understand you correctly Metastock 9.0 can set alerts when a trendline is violated. And you can chain several of these together.

Unfortunetly it take a long time to scan the market in Metastock looking for stock that meet the criterea that is why I like Stockfetcher because of how fast it can return results and how easy it is to write the scan. But I wish I could take that same scan and plug it directly into Metastock to do my back testing.

-- Chris

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Metastock and Stockfetcher<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.