StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · More than X days<< >>Post Follow-up
madmacd
3 posts
msg #55517
Ignore madmacd
10/4/2007 1:06:16 AM

Is it possible to do this? Every time I say "more than 5 days (or whatever number) I get a sytax error. I want to show an indicator moving in one direction for x or more days.

Thanks for any help.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #55520
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/4/2007 9:01:09 AM

stockfetcher 8/28/2002 8:38:15 AM

increasing/decreasing for

Usage indicator has been increasing for the last #number {days,weeks,months or years} [lag #number {days,weeks,months,years}]
indicator has been decreasing for the last #number {days,weeks,months or years} [lag #number {days,weeks,months,years}]

Description Perfect for discovering stocks that are currently in a desired trend. While this phrase will not specify the value of the stock or indicator, it will return results indicating recent movement of the stock or indicator. The increasing, decreasing phrase is another great tool when combined with other phrases to find stocks that are entering new trends or breaking out of old ones.
The optional lag component to this phrase allows a user to specify an offset to the trend. In otherwords, lag allows a user to look for a stock whose price had been falling for 5 days up until yesterday.

The stock price was decreasing for the last 5 days lag 1 day
Or if you are looking for a change in direction of a particular indicator you can use the lag.

The RSI(15) was decreasing for the last 4 days lag 2 days

Examples The stock price has been decreasing for the last 3 days
The RSI(15) has been decreasing for the last 4 days

madmacd
3 posts
msg #55533
Ignore madmacd
10/5/2007 12:49:34 AM

Rumpled one, Thanks for the response, but it's not exactly what I was looking for.

As an example of what I need, let's say the MA(30) for XYZ has been dropping for 2 weeks. I would like to find it with a phrase similar to this:
"Show stocks where MA(30) has been decreasing for 10 or more days"
XYZ should be captured by the filter as the MA has been decreasing for more than 10 days.
"More than" or "at least" don't work. Even a "between" would be fine. Like
"MA(30) decreasing between 10 and 20 days"
Any ideas?
TIA

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #55544
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
10/5/2007 10:29:26 AM

Fetcher[
set{E36b,days(ma(20) is above ma(20) 1 day ago ,100)}
set{E36a,days(ma(20) is below ma(20) 1 day ago, 100)}
set{MAstreak, E36a - E36b}

add column MAstreak

MAstreak below -10

Sort column 5 descending
]

This will list stocks where the ma(20) has been decreasing at least 11 days.

I "stole" the code from the BASIC FILTER DISPLAY that I posted a long time ago.

madmacd
3 posts
msg #55586
Ignore madmacd
10/8/2007 9:45:55 PM

Rumpleone, This is EXCELLENT!! Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · More than X days<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.