StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Most ball games are lost, not won.<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #52788
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/3/2007 9:02:15 PM

Most ball games are not won, they're lost.

I just read that on another forum. It was in the poster's signature line.

To paraphrase:

"Most trades are lost, not won!".

THINK ABOUT IT.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #52791
Ignore nikoschopen
7/3/2007 9:47:46 PM

Are you part of that statistics?

juha
52 posts
msg #52836
Ignore juha
7/6/2007 4:36:37 PM

95% of traders loose? It's just the same as to claims that most golf players loose when playing with Tiger Woods. I guess 99.999999% will loose. It depends of the level of you partner. If you are newbie trader than "average" market trader is better than you and you loose. And it takes a lot of time to become even an "average" market trader. To become an "above average" market trader takes even more time. Most people are unable to do it, just like in any sport where it takes many years to become an "average" sportsman. From those who was not patient enough to become "average" we got those numbers that "95% of traders loose." But if you consider professional sportsmans and professional traders, than you can tell that 95% of them win playing against "average" sportsman/trader. It is one of the most stupid things to consider professional and non-professional traders together, mix them and calculate statistics based on that mix.
Juha

riro
25 posts
msg #52883
Ignore riro
7/8/2007 7:53:09 PM

TheRumpledOne: I was reading your article "MILKING THE COWS - GAP FILL"
in Kreslick.com and downloaded the two files "TRO_GAPHISTORY.ELD" and
"GapFill.tsw" but I can’t open them. I tried using the web service to find the right program to open them and it came back with the answer of unrecognized extension. What do I need to do to open the down loads?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #52888
Ignore nikoschopen
7/8/2007 9:58:01 PM

If the extension is "ELD" (easy language document), then you'd need a TradeStation.

riro
25 posts
msg #52890
Ignore riro
7/8/2007 10:23:20 PM

Nikoschopen: I am fairly new to this “fading the gap” style of trading and I am learning as I go.
1. Do you need TradeStation to do this type of trading?
2. If the answer is no, then do you recommend TradeStation and which version?
3.If you use TradeStation, is TheRumpledOne’s “GAP STATISTICS FILTER” and his strategy programmed into it?

riro
25 posts
msg #52892
Ignore riro
modified
7/8/2007 10:43:45 PM

TheRumpledOne: I thought you were out of the country so I asked Nikoschopen the same questions. About your “fading the gap” style of trading, I have a few questions about things I'm not sure of.
3.If you use TradeStation, is your “GAP STATISTICS FILTER” and your strategy programmed into it?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #52893
Ignore nikoschopen
7/8/2007 10:43:59 PM

No, you don't.

No, I don't recommend TS for the sole purpose of fading the gaps. However, TS is a great trading platform with many useful features catering to traders of all stripes.

3.If you use TradeStation, is TheRumpledOne’s “GAP STATISTICS FILTER” and his strategy programmed into it?

As far as I know, yes. You merely need to drag the file into Tradestation and it should load it automatically. However, TRO should better explain the specifics of this filter.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #52902
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/9/2007 10:25:19 AM

No, the filter is not programmed in TradeStation. That's what StockFetcher is for.

But I did write an indicator that you can use to run the gap fill statistics on TS.

Also, I wrote the TRADE indicators for the GAP FILL strategy. The _SMAA_MTC_TRADE tells you which way the stock gapped, which direction to trade and whether or not the gap has been filled - all in REAL TIME.

I wrote something similiar for eSignal.

All the code is free and you can download it here: www.kreslik.com

HTH.

riro
25 posts
msg #52904
Ignore riro
7/9/2007 11:19:22 AM

TheRumpledOne: I use Scottrade's platform, but it is very basic. I'm very much interested in the fading the gap trading that you teach. Do you recommend TradeStation for that purpose?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Most ball games are lost, not won.<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.