StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · My Favorite Trading Books<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44393
Ignore nikoschopen
5/29/2006 9:48:24 PM

Please add to this list as you see fit.

as214
184 posts
msg #44403
Ignore as214
5/30/2006 12:20:33 AM

The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham is a must.. Graham was Buffetts professor and mentor and Warren still reads this book once a year. This book changed my life.

johnp
17 posts
msg #44418
Ignore johnp
5/30/2006 10:47:04 AM

In the same light,

The Poker Face of Wall Street - Aaron Brown

dkatz
64 posts
msg #44419
Ignore dkatz
5/30/2006 11:44:06 AM

Toni Turner's "A Beginner's Buide To Day Trading On Line" -- excellent introduction, good/solid/comprehensive foundation info. And like poindexter, I also learned a bunch from Farley's "The Master Swing Trader" but it's a far more difficult book, I wouldn't tackle it till you read Turner's or an equivalent intro book.

mantis2k4
20 posts
msg #44421
Ignore mantis2k4
5/30/2006 1:42:37 PM

How I made 2 million dollars in the stock market - nicholas darvas. A classic.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44422
Ignore nikoschopen
5/30/2006 2:08:28 PM

Hey, thx to everyone who has contributed to this (already) growing list of titles. Hopefully, over time, there will be a good number of books to feed ure insatiable appetite. I would also appreciate if you can write a little snippet on how you personally benefited from reading the book (i.e. money management, trade system, etc).

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #44428
Ignore EWZuber
5/30/2006 6:27:55 PM

How to Achieve Triple Digit Returns Daytrading...4 hours a day
By;David Floyd

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #44429
Ignore luc1grunt
5/30/2006 6:34:56 PM

EWZ....how about a little snippet of the book eh? Is it intermediate/advanced etc. Thanks, Luc

as214
184 posts
msg #44430
Ignore as214
5/30/2006 7:45:14 PM

Hey Niko,

My hope is that you find this link useful. There are books with experienced user ratings for all various forms of trading/investing.

http://elitetrader.com/bo/index.cfm?action=showbooks&CatID=3

As for what I liked the most about The Intelligent Investor is that it taught me PATIENCE. Coming from a Wall Street background you are taught to obtain the immediate profit. After I left Wall St. I realized why the wealthiest people of all were investors , not traders. I am thoroughly convinced that the greatest way to wealth is to buy undervalued stuff and hold it for at least a year..adding to your position on the pullbacks along the way. Hold a year you get a 15% cap gains rate. If I daytraded with my income bracket Id pay 35% tax.. So I am already up 20 percent just by doing nothing and being patient. I wish you the best of luck with all your endeavors..

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44434
Ignore nikoschopen
5/30/2006 9:18:14 PM

as214,

I appreciate ure feedback. At least we have one thing in common: we both use elitetrader.com, which I must say, is prolly the best one-stop forum for traders of all walks of life. Having said that, I would like to add 2-cents of my own to few of the recommended books.

With regards to Toni Turner's "A Beginner's Guide To Day Trading Online", it should be called "Trading 101", which should be read by those who are new to daytrading or those not feeling quite up to par.

While Farley is an excellent Techie, I can't say I appreciate his writing skills. More often than not, I find his writng to be convoluted and incomprehensible. However, on a more general level, there are many key points to which he alludes to in the book that will bring fresh insight to ure trading. Just don't get sucked into the vortex of his chaotic discourse.

Lastly, it's no secret that I belong to a techie camp. But I am a proud ownder of "The Intelligent Investor" (actually, in audio format) that I occasionally listen to while driving. Whether you make use of fundamental analysis or not, this book will at least give you a proper perspective on the definition of "value investing". However, I still adhere to the principle of "buy high & sell higher", which can be found in William O'Neil's "How to Make Money in Stocks".

Of course, these are merely my own opinions. Ure encourage to judge the merits of these books on ure own term.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · My Favorite Trading Books<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.