StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · My first filter.<< >>Post Follow-up
Taprofits
4 posts
msg #36643
Ignore Taprofits
7/2/2005 2:50:49 PM

I am only 2.5 chapters into the user guide but couldnt wait to make and save a filter. this is a great program.

price between .003 and .01 for last 3 to 6 months with volume(10) > 500000

what do you think and does anyone know why you can't get some symbols like PLNI, EPYH ?

thanks

da-net
55 posts
msg #36683
Ignore da-net
7/3/2005 1:10:18 PM

Are you currently paper trading or live trading? In fairness of disclosure, I own stock in PLNI and I have owned since it was named Wicklund Holdings. It should be a great company some day but I think the hold period is going to be excessive.

This is a great tool, but remember that it is just a tool. As to how you are building your filter, great way to go. Build and test one line at a time to get the desired result. I have personally found that changing from spoken language to math symbols does change the results

Your filter "price between .003 and .01 for last 3 to 6 months with volume(10) > 500000" may be fighting itself as you have what may be conflicting requirements

"price between .003 and .01 for the last 3 to 6 months" this translates into the price stated range over 120+ daily trading periods which may be too long

"Volume(10) > 500000" translates as Volume for 10 periods is greater than 500000 without any statement as increasing or decreasing volume

If you are a Swing Trader it might be more worthwhile to try restating your filter with different time periods and adding in an increasing volume statement like this:

Show all stocks where Average Volume(10) > 500000 and has been increasing for the last 3 days
and closing price is between .003 and .01 for the last 30 days

Then you could start customizing the ranges to get the desired results before moving on to adding indicators or studies that you like.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #36700
Ignore alf44
7/3/2005 11:17:15 PM

sigh !!!

Seems this thread has been "trimmed" down a bit.

alf44 :8^/

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · My first filter.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.