StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67236
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
9/12/2008 6:53:37 PM

NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!

My TREND INDICATOR - NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! thread was the most widely viewed thread in TradeStation history. I believe it still holds the record for the most number of views. I have decided to "revive" it again.

The bottom line is you don't have to end the day, week, month, or year in the red. You can be profitable. You may not win every trade but you will be profitable.

I know most of you have read about money management, risk management, position sizing, stops, etc... So then what are the reason(s) you are still losing? Is the market beating you? Are your stops being hunting? Or are you simply giving your money away?

When you enter the TRADING JUNGLE, you are up against the best traders in the world. They are smarter, faster, have more money, have better equipment, better access to information... better everything than you do! What makes you believe you can win? What "edge" are you bringing to the table that will allow you to take their money? Don't you know the game is "rigged" against you just like in Vegas?

What's the reason you see some currency pairs move over a 100 pips a day yet you're happy barely breaking even? What makes trading so difficult for you? What are you doing?

I know you have read about having a trading plan, haven't you? Do you have one? Come on, be honest... DO YOU REALLY HAVE A TRADING PLAN?

If you do, DO YOU REALLY TRADE ACCORDING TO YOUR PLAN? Come on now, it's time to FESS UP.

What about all those trading books, tapes, videos, and seminars? Ever wonder why there are so many? I just ONE had the answer, then wouldn't it go "viral" and everybody would be trading that method? THINK ABOUT IT.

What about all those indicators, EAs, blackboxes, trading signals and systems for sale? If one of them worked wouldn't it go "viral", too?

I have posted hundreds of FREE INDICATORS for TradeStation, eSignal and MetaTrader. Why? Because I can! I don't like seeing people pay hundreds and thousands of dollars for code, most of which, doesn't work or is way overpriced, IMHO. If you check me out, you'll see I have been banned from many forums. My FREE indicators are a THREAT to their cashflow. My free education materials also threaten their cashflow. Just do the math.

I have been accused of "renaming" indicators. Yes, I rename them AFTER I enhance them because if I post a modified version with the exact same name as the original then it gets "stepped on" and any good programmer knows better than to step on code. But I post my revised/enhanced/fixed version FOR FREE on the same site I downloaded them from. So where's the crime? Some people let their egos get in the way.

I have been accused of SPAMMING because I am an IB for MB Trading. Before I was an IB, I didn't even know what an IB was. The reason I am an IB was because when I found out that there is NO FIXED SPREAD in Forex, I immediately opened an account with EFX Group and posted about it everywhere I could. That had the effect of bringing EFX more customers. As a THANK YOU, they made me an IB. And it got me banned from sites that had FIXED SPREAD BROKERS as advertisers.

Whenever MONEY is involved, it is a DOG EAT DOG, EAT CAT TOO jungle. The sooner you learn that fact the better.

The goal of this thread is to show you how to NEVER LOSE AGAIN. Trading is simple. People traded long before there were computers and indicators. So why do you have so many computers and indicators?

Do you really know how the market operates? Or do you just know how to place an order? What have you gotten yourself into? THINK ABOUT IT!

http://forums.babypips.com/show-me-money-daytrading/16021-never-lose-again.html

TradeStation deleted the TREND INDICATOR - NEVER LOSE AGAIN thread which was the most widely viewed thread in TradeStation history. Fortunately, the thread was retrieved from the google cache.

TREND INDICATOR - NEVER LOSE AGAIN

http://rapidshare.com/files/33011697/Trend_Indicator.rar.html/

TREND INDICATOR - NEVER LOSE AGAIN ELD files

http://rapidshare.com/files/33007096/DATA.rar.html/

TO BE CONTINUED...

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67251
Ignore chetron
9/13/2008 7:29:31 AM

NICE, TRO, BUT ISN'T "SUPERIOR MASTER" A DOUBLE POSITIVE? LOL.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67254
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/13/2008 12:17:25 PM

I don't make those names up...LOL That's something BabyPips does. After X posts, you get a new rank.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67260
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/13/2008 2:41:50 PM

Individual Psychology of a Trader

http://articles.mql4.com/722

chip
67 posts
msg #67262
Ignore chip
9/13/2008 5:40:44 PM

On BabyPips, this thread developed into a fantastic teaching device allowing for great dialogue between TRO and those interested in his techniques. With that in mind, I would like to try getting the same dialogue here -- for TRO's buyzone, milk-the-cows, AAPL-juicing methods. This past week I did some AAPL juicing and had my best trading week ever.

Though I didn't trade the Buy Zone on Friday, it was textbook BuyZone for AAPL.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Open was 150.91, so if I understand this correctly, one would go short at 150.81. Price never went above open so it should have been an easy stress-free ride all the way down to 147 or beyond.

Personally, I was too slow so waited for a bounce. At 148 I had green candle and it looked like a bounce. The gap from Thursday's 152.5x close was still there so I went long. There was $1 to make there but I didn't take it and just let it keep falling. Around 10:45, I doubled my position at 147.10 then got out at 147.8 -- breaking even after commissions.

Lots to learn there:
1) if I'd just done the buyzone I could've made > $4.
2) if I'd not been greedy on the first early entry, I could've made $1
3) if I'd not been shaken by having to double up at the proper bounce time, I could've $3 in that direction

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67266
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
9/13/2008 8:53:26 PM

"THE BUY ZONE" (BZ) or "MILKING THE COWS" (MTC).

Use a 1 minute chart for the first 15 minutes of the day.

Then switch to a 5 minute chart.

After the first hour, you can switch to a 15 or 30 minute chart. Things have settled down by then.

The idea is to take advantage of the stock's movement from OPEN to HIGH and OPEN to LOW.

ALWAYS FADE THE GAP YOUR FIRST TRADE. I usually wait for the gap to fill to consider trading the opposite direction.

LONG TRIGGER IS OPEN + $.10 TO + $.20

SHORT TRIGGER IS OPEN - $.10 TO - $.20

THOSE ARE THE ONLY 2 TRADE TRIGGERS.

It should be OBVIOUS TO THE READER, that if those are the only 2 triggers, the STOP IS BUILT IN!!

If you can NOT see that then, DO NOT TRADE THIS METHOD!!

When to take profit?

WHEN YOU SEE PRICE WEAKEN IN THE DIRECTION YOU ARE TRADING.

If price goes up a DOLLAR and it stops... EXIT! TAKE THE MONEY OFF THE TABLE. THIS IS SCALPING.

MTC is NOT swing trading or investing. That is NOT what it is designed to do.

This method always works BECAUSE... the average daily range from high to low on "cows" like AAPL and RIMM is over $1.00. The BZ is 40 cents wide. PRICE MUST LEAVE THE ZONE - IT'S THAT SIMPLE. IF YOU CAN NOT SEE THIS THEN DO NOT TRADE THIS METHOD!!

If you are worried about WHIPSAWS THEN DO NOT TRADE THIS METHOD!! It's not for you.

BZ or MTC trading is like playing a VIDEO GAME... There's no time to think. You know your entry ahead of time. All you do is wait for price to enter the "zone" and you pull the trigger. Your buy and sell short LIMIT ORDERS should be preloaded. You NEVER chase price, you let price come into the zone.

All you have to do is look at any intraday chart with the open plotted and you should be able to see HOW AND WHY THIS WORKS. IF YOU CAN NOT SEE THIS THEN DO NOT TRADE THIS METHOD!!

AAPL and RIMM are my favorite "cows". Use the FADE THE GAP STATISTICS filter to find other cows if you don't like to trade AAPL or RIMM. Stay away from GOOG and BIDU, those 2 stocks are too erratic for this method.

Chip, how's that AAPL juice taste?

Fetcher[
/* TRO MTC CHECKER */

set{ hiop, high - open }
set{ up10, count( hiop > 0.09, 100 ) }
set{ up25, count( hiop > 0.24, 100 ) }
set{ up50, count( hiop > 0.49, 100 ) }
set{ pct1, up50 / up10 }
set{winpctup, 100 * pct1 }

set{ oplo, open - low }
set{ dn10, count( oplo > 0.09, 100 ) }
set{ dn25, count( oplo > 0.24, 100 ) }
set{ dn50, count( oplo > 0.49, 100 ) }
set{ pct2, dn50 / dn10 }
set{winpctdn, 100 * pct2 }

add column hiop
add column oplo

add column up10
add column up25
add column up50
add column winpctup

add column dn10
add column dn25
add column dn50
add column winpctdn

symlist(aapl,rimm,cat)

sort column 10 descending

]

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67273
Ignore chetron
modified
9/14/2008 7:54:44 AM

if i unerstand TRO, then the only play for AAPL, was to use the "TRO STAT SCAN - TRAVEL GUIDE" play. shorting as you did chip, covering at the avgdrop20, 147.55, 3.36, and go long for the bounce at 147.55 and sell at the avgbounce20, 149.65, 2.10, and be done for the day.

chip
67 posts
msg #67274
Ignore chip
9/14/2008 9:07:55 AM

TRO, AAPL juice was tasty all week :) -- good way to start the day.

Am I correct in understanding that this method would have had me _not_ trading AAPL on Friday?

You say:

ALWAYS FADE THE GAP YOUR FIRST TRADE

On the Friday chart, there was a huge gap down, so my first trade should have been a long at +0.10 - +0.20. Since price never went above open, no trade?

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67275
Ignore chetron
modified
9/14/2008 11:22:29 AM

yes chip, but you don't short a gap down, as you did, for a fade. you did a cow milker instead because aapl was red, which should have been a TRO STAT SCAN - TRAVEL GUIDE play because the volitility was not there for the gap fade, hence not enough volitility for a cow milker. go for the TRO STAT SCAN - TRAVEL GUIDE swing trade on low volitility days.

chip
67 posts
msg #67277
Ignore chip
9/14/2008 2:41:50 PM

chetron, can you do that slower, in english? :)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.