StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion ·  +++ NEWS RULES +++ (here is a pick for next week)<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #54965
Ignore lockwhiz
9/20/2007 12:59:23 PM

....when it comes to price movement "NEWS RULES !!!!" ... well, I found a stock that has seen some volatility in the past ... and I believe its going to happen again with their next ANALYST DAY ... to be held on September 25, 2007. The stock is current trading at only $1.72 (cheap money) ... and if the analyst like what they hear, it will jump again.... put it on your watch list !!! It is risky ... but a portion of you money should be earmarked for these opportunites ...

The percentage moves on thes low price stocks can be phenominal.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #54966
Ignore petrolpeter
9/20/2007 1:06:48 PM

Darn,just stuck a little guy like this on watch yesterday,TMY.Squeezing BB(12) on green candles.Take the green,Leave the red.

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #54969
Ignore lockwhiz
9/20/2007 3:24:04 PM

TMY up 10% today ... not bad for a days work ! Did you get in ?

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #54970
Ignore lockwhiz
9/20/2007 3:27:55 PM

two more on my "keep an eye on" list also did well ... HL and DROOY (both in the gold market)...

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #54971
Ignore johnpaulca
9/20/2007 3:55:39 PM

Lockwhiz: keep an eye on gold corp (GG) and Barrick Gold(abx.to)...both took off this week, got in two week ago...gambled on a weaker greenback. All the hedging is off Barrick Gold so they should have a decent move.

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #54972
Ignore lockwhiz
9/20/2007 4:17:52 PM

JP ... ahh yes ... thanks for the alert!!

... I actually have a slew of mining stocks I watch ... the best performer in this sector today was actually Merridian Gold ...MDG.... nice little gap up this morning ... but then pulled back...

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54973
Ignore karennma
9/20/2007 4:22:47 PM

don't forget SLV
(silver)
:>

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54975
Ignore karennma
9/20/2007 4:44:18 PM

Click arrow to see film:

http://www.monex.com/expert/currency-in-crisis.html

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #54977
Ignore lockwhiz
9/20/2007 8:40:31 PM

karenn ... SLV has been added to my watch ...THANKS !

HL is a silver mining compnay with a variety of other metals as a by product... gold, platinum... and other impurities....

interesting film clip ... focus is right on... but a little
, shall we say, extremme.....imo

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54978
Ignore karennma
9/20/2007 9:38:09 PM

More on the Metals ....
Both the article and the video are good.
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/gold-rallies-dollar-weakness-record/story.aspx?guid=%7BB2941BF8-A81F-470D-ACFD-B97890BEC6E4%7D

Also, did you know about this ....?
First our ports, now the Nasdaq market.
OMG!

"Schumer asks for review of Dubai-Nasdaq deal
Bush says deal to be carefully studied for national security implications
By Robert Schroeder, MarketWatch
Last Update: 6:26 PM ET Sep 20,
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Saying the deal gives him pause, Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., pressed Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson on Thursday to thoroughly review a proposal by Borse Dubai to buy a nearly 20% stake in the Nasdaq Stock Market.
"I believe that the acquisition of such a large stake in a U.S. exchange by a foreign government raises some serious questions," the senator wrote to Paulson.
Schumer asked for a review of national-security concerns associated with the deal under a law yet to be enacted that provides for such reviews. The law takes effect Oct. 24."
=============================================
The rest of the story's on Marketwatch.
The U.S. dolla is goin' down, baby!!
Just think, in a few years, when you go shopping or out to dinner, you'll be asked:
"Will that be Cash, credit card or boullion?"
:>)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion ·  +++ NEWS RULES +++ (here is a pick for next week)<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.