StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NYSE GROUP INC. (NYX), is it going to be another GOOG?<< >>Post Follow-up
shaikhhali
42 posts
msg #41998
Ignore shaikhhali
3/14/2006 12:08:54 AM

Hello every one

Does any body have any information about this company NYSE GROUP INC. (NYX)?

I know that this company is more than 200 years old, but i have no other information, so if you have please share it with us

Do you advise to buy this stock?
Thanks

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #41999
Ignore alf44
3/14/2006 12:46:08 AM

NYX..."another GOOG" ?

No !

But, possibly another CME, BOT, ICE, ISE & NDAQ !

All of these Market Exchange related tracking stocks will probably do pretty well...longer term. imo

Regards,

alf44

JimG
9 posts
msg #42065
Ignore JimG
3/15/2006 2:42:20 AM

Alf is right, all of the publicly traded boards stock are up in tripple didgets percent wise since they went public. If you can afford to tie up the money long term NYX probably would be a wise choice.

On a similer note, who will win? Nasdaq or NYSE or a third party in the takeover bid of the Londen Stock exchange. I am divided on the issue, I believe the NYSE would do a better job in the long run, but I also think that since they are not fully set up for electronic trading, that it would be a very long time before we were able to trade the Londen market here on a single account.

The Nasdaq on the other hand is fully automated and should be able to intergrate and asimilate the 2 systems quickly, thereby allowing us to trade the Londen Stock exchange almost as soon as the deal is done.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #42075
Ignore alf44
3/15/2006 10:33:38 AM

JimG,

Good post !

I'm thinking NASDAQ will throw out another (much BIGGER) offer...and is currently in a little better position than the NYSE to make this happen !

Gonna be interesting to watch...time will tell !

Regards,

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NYSE GROUP INC. (NYX), is it going to be another GOOG?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.