StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need Syntax - please help!<< >>Post Follow-up
AdamW328
84 posts
msg #49759
Ignore AdamW328
2/1/2007 1:48:26 PM

I am looking for the syntax that will say:

ma (5) is no less than 5% below ma (10)

Thanks!

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #49761
Ignore maxreturn
2/1/2007 5:00:02 PM

Something like this should work:

Fetcher[set{mv, ma(5) divided by ma(10)}
mv above .95 and do not draw mv
draw ma(5)
draw ma(10)
nasdaq 100
]

Regards
Max

AdamW328
84 posts
msg #49841
Ignore AdamW328
2/5/2007 11:41:04 AM

I really appreciate you help with that Max...thanks!

I have one more that I have been working on and just cannot get the syntax right. Can you please help. Heres what Im looking for:

price between .01 and .50
and MA (5) is less than 10% above MA (20)
and MA (5) is less than 10% below MA (20)
and close is no less than 5% below MA (5)
and obv is above 0

Again, thanks in advance for any help.

tulanch
24 posts
msg #49843
Ignore tulanch
2/5/2007 5:28:26 PM

I've never seen a NOT statement so I would flip things around, maybe this is what your looking for...

price between .01 and .50
and MA (5) is less than 10% above MA (20)
and MA (5) is less than 10% below MA (20)
and close is less than 5% above MA (5)
and obv is above 0

Have you downloaded the help file? Can get it from the home page, it's a PDF file.

Also, I do searches through the public filters for answers...

And on the home page there is a filter builder, again something to aid in understanding how things work..

Hope this helps

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need Syntax - please help!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.