StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need help with finding sideways moving stocks<< >>Post Follow-up
meatyboy
8 posts
msg #155851
Ignore meatyboy
modified
2/18/2021 1:17:41 AM

Hi all, I'm pretty new (as in the last week or so) at this and I'm running into a roadblock. Essentially, what I'm building is a scanner that's looking for unusual volume, that hasn't gapped significantly and the price has been moving sideways. Basically, a breakout filter before the breakout actually occurs. Both 'solutions' I tried are commented out while I bang my head against the keyboard. I toyed with slope of the close but apparently it's smarter than I am and I couldn't make heads or tails of it, hence the commenting off. The other solution I was tinkering in was show stocks where close is less than 5% of last week high. Either I'm screwing up the syntax or I'm doing something wrong because the results aren't displaying stocks that are trending sideways or within the set % of last week's close. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (oh, and if someone could tell me how to make the scan clickable that would be awesome too)

Fetcher[
Market is not otcbb
Market is not ETF
Average Volume(50) is > 100,000
Show stocks where volume is more than 10% above Average Volume(50) last 5 days

/*Something to look at maybe not for this scanner but for future scanners*/
/*Show stocks where 3 day slope of the close is near 0*/

/*Still looking for best solution*/
/*show stocks where close is 5% above close 5 days ago*/

close to open gap is between -1 and 1
close greater than open
]

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #155852
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/18/2021 4:57:38 AM

Submit
Fetcher[
Market is not otcbb
Market is not ETF
Average Volume(50) is > 100,000
Show stocks where volume is more than 10% above Average Volume(50) last 5 days
]

miketranz
956 posts
msg #155857
Ignore miketranz
2/18/2021 2:54:41 PM

Fetcher[show stocks where MACD Fast Line(12,26,9)
and MACD Fast Line(12,26,9) is below 0
and draw MA(50)
and draw MA(200)
PRICE UNDER 5 Average Volume(30) ABOVE 1000000
]

Welcome to the club.Here's a start.Also ck out DGLY.Go to similar stock matching,you'll find matches here also.Best,Miketranz...

xarlor
562 posts
msg #155859
Ignore xarlor
2/18/2021 5:31:35 PM

To make filters clickable, add two lines.

1. At the very top add Fetcher and an open bracket
2. at the very bottom add ]

Here's a sideways filter with a 30-day high breakout on greater than 1.5 average volume.

Fetcher[
not etf
close > 10
average volume(30) > 250000

60 day slope of close 1 day ago < 0.001
60 day slope of close 1 day ago > -0.001
close reached a new 30 day high
set{2v,average volume(30) * 1.5}
volume > 2v

do not draw 2v
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need help with finding sideways moving stocks<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.